3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Buying 1st Dodge Truck - 06 or 08??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 10:59 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Upstate NY'er
eweing111, did you use plasti dip? how many cans did you need for everything you did? is the dip holding up well?
Yeah I used plastidip, it depends on how many coats you put on, I did 4-5 coats on everything. I did all my wheels, bumpers, grill and step bars and I think I used 5 cans, maybe 6. I don't do much offroading or anything, so probably not the most hostile environment, but everything is holding up well so far except the step bars. It's been on for 3-4 months now. I've washed it plenty of times, doesn't hurt it. There's a spot on my step bars where I step when loading stuff in the backseat where I step and twist my foot and I wore the pd off of there after about a month or so, but other than that, i think it looks great.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:29 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ewing111
Yeah I used plastidip, it depends on how many coats you put on, I did 4-5 coats on everything. I did all my wheels, bumpers, grill and step bars and I think I used 5 cans, maybe 6. I don't do much offroading or anything, so probably not the most hostile environment, but everything is holding up well so far except the step bars. It's been on for 3-4 months now. I've washed it plenty of times, doesn't hurt it. There's a spot on my step bars where I step when loading stuff in the backseat where I step and twist my foot and I wore the pd off of there after about a month or so, but other than that, i think it looks great.
You would think that it would be really durable, but ive heard other wise if you dont always drive on the street. But for street use only i would say you could really make it last!

Quick Reply: Buying 1st Dodge Truck - 06 or 08??