3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

neeed louder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neeed louder exhaust

I'm a little disapointed in my current setup, all stock with a cherry bomb glasspack that only lets me cackle a bit. I dont want e-cutouts, atleast not yet. I want something extremely godawful loud, (you proboably get this question alot). I've been looking at a pypes violator system or beast system. What is the loudest setup you guys can scratch up for this truck. ps its a 5.9l

Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a Cherry Bomb Extreme or just run straight pipes.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:57 AM
Billy Javis
Amateur

I got a y pipe bout 6 inchs past the last o2 sensor then duel straights that exit in front of the passenger rear tire, n let me tell u its loud as f@#k n mines a 4.7. If u go with straights u got a leave the cat n o2 sensors or the truck will run like crap, a buddy took his out n it cost him bout 1300 to get it fixed.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:27 AM
TheBeast413
Rookie

i have a 5.2 with a exhaust that sets off car alarms all day, my set up is true duals from the manifold back it starts 2" then goes to 2.5", no cats with flowmaster super 44s, want something louder go for super 10s. itll be so damn poppy youll go nuts but still sound good enough to be proud of. you dont want to big of piping or youll lose back pressure which = powerloss, i also know how to bypass the ecu and make your computer think you have a catalytic converter so you can pass inspection.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

+1 on the cherry bomb extreme, pretty loud but sounds awesome.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

SLP Loudmouth is the most rugged, raw sounding muffler out there. I particularly don't like it as they seems bit sloppy, but lots of guys who run them love'em.
I had Magnaflow bullets on my mustang and they were very loud, my buddy had SLP on his. Much louder at idle and all through rpm. Completely raw sounding. Lots of decel crackle.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Cherry bomb extreme or if you want louder than that cherry bomb glasspacks. If you want the absolute loudest muffler, go flowmaster super 10. Gotta go true duals with the super 10 though or it will be too much flow and will make an obnoxious squeal, ive seen this problem and it's not an exhaust leak.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

okay looked up videos on the slp loudmouth and i was impressed. The only rams were a hemi that only went to 3800 rev and a 4.7 they sounded mean as hell. Nothing to astonishing for the super 10 or cherry bomb, Im thinking im going to run the slp loudmouth into a y pipe and have em exit flared to the sides, sound good?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:14 PM
ledyard
Rookie

For a 5.9l I would personally run straight pipe. Or you can run into one huge 10" ridiculous looking stack....

Old 08-10-2012, 04:32 PM
team_realtree
Professional

I have a straight pipe on my 4.7 and I think it sounds good...very loud. I was planning on just cutting out my stock muffler and putting in a cherry bomb but stopped the project half way when I heard it straight piped.

Quick Reply: neeed louder exhaust