3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cortex tranny question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 04:05 PM
ledyard
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cortex tranny question

I have a 04' 2500 4x4 hemi. Bought the cortex for it. Running 87 tune with tire size correction and increased speed limiter and rev limiter.
But for the tranny.....I'm confused as hell. Theres no straight up "tranny tune" to select. Yes you can go through all the individual shift points ect...up/down but how to I adjust the shift pressure for immediate response??

Old 08-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Originally Posted by ledyard
I have a 04' 2500 4x4 hemi. Bought the cortex for it. Running 87 tune with tire size correction and increased speed limiter and rev limiter.
But for the tranny.....I'm confused as hell. Theres no straight up "tranny tune" to select. Yes you can go through all the individual shift points ect...up/down but how to I adjust the shift pressure for immediate response??
On the 04 torque management is one setting for all shifts, set it at 8-10%. Mine is at 8 and I like it. As for the shift points, you have to set each one manually. Look on superchips forum for shift schedules, they have a link with a spreadsheet for your truck.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

You won't feel that snappy shift unless you're kind of on it. It says it's only at wot, but I feel a nice solid shift even at 75-80% throttle and up.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 PM
ledyard
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dead2Fall
On the 04 torque management is one setting for all shifts, set it at 8-10%. Mine is at 8 and I like it. As for the shift points, you have to set each one manually. Look on superchips forum for shift schedules, they have a link with a spreadsheet for your truck.

What am I missing? I cannot see where to adjust the torque management? I remember reading that 8-10% is good and I wanted to do that but apparently i'm overlooking where it is?

Old 08-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

If you bought the trans tune program look for I think "torque tables" or something of the sort...

Quick Reply: Cortex tranny question