3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Legal tint - not bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:33 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear windows can be painted black for all they care in Texas (on a truck) but the limit for the front two is 35%. Btw what's the stock tint on the rear windows?

Old 08-13-2012, 06:40 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

In case anybody doesn't know the legal limits for their state, this link will provide all info http://www.tintlaws.com/

Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 PM
2008dodgeram1500
Professional

25% for oklahoma

Old 08-13-2012, 08:50 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Yep back windows dont matter here either. Just nothing more than 35% on front driver and passenger.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:29 PM
2008dodgeram1500
Professional

Who has there front windshield tinted. So illegal but looks so bada$$ I wanna do it

Old 08-13-2012, 10:09 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by c.c.w.
Very nice. I have 5% on all of my vehicles................. but I am exempt from Georgia's tint laws.
Yep, just watch your a$$ when you go out of state. I used to be LEO in Georgia and got nailed in Florida when I went down to visit my parents about 12 years ago with uncovered off-road lights (and it was daytime and they were off) and too dark of a tint...

Old 08-13-2012, 10:15 PM
citori13
Professional

I live in Minnesota and they are so strict about it here. In MN you have to let at least 50% of the light in on the front windows. I used to have I think about 35% on it when I bought it and 2 months later got nailed with a window tint ticket. He didn't even give me a warning, he straight up gave me a ticket with a good fine on it.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

same with me citori, he was a real d-bag about it. i told him the whole schpiel(spelling??) ya know, im in the military, on leave finally home blahh blahh and hes like....here's your ticket. have a nice day. i wanted to get out and be like are you kidding me right now? but my logic actually kicked in at the right time for once haha.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:31 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Five.SevenRAM
same with me citori, he was a real d-bag about it. i told him the whole schpiel(spelling??) ya know, im in the military, on leave finally home blahh blahh and hes like....here's your ticket. have a nice day. i wanted to get out and be like are you kidding me right now? but my logic actually kicked in at the right time for once haha.
Yeh, we've got a new tool on the local force here. I've nicknamed him "Fife". He's the only one that hides in convenience store and gas station parking lots waiting for someone to ride by with a brake light out or not wearing a seat belt. Then he whips out behind them like there is a 3 alarm fire somewhere. I saw him doing it just yesterday. A couple of months ago he pulled me over and wrote me up for a seat belt, or lack thereof. He caught me off guard because I didn't know what I had done, since I had just unbuckled my belt long enough to pull a stamp out of my front pocket and I just happened to be going right by him when I did it. So, I forgot to mention to him that I have a conceal/carry permit and was armed, so when he went back to his car and uncovered that little tidbit, he all but drew down on me when he came back with my ticket.

He went through all that trouble and then told me all I needed to go was go to the DA's office down the street and get it dismissed since I had never had a seat belt ticket before. On one hand, I appreciated the tip - on the other, I am thinking "what a d-bag to go through all that effort and embarass me by waiting until I'm in the post office parking lot before blue lighting me to write me up for something he was just going to tell me how to get out of". I was proud of how well I bit my tongue.

As I said before - the tint thing just isn't worth the hassle with people like that around.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:09 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

The cops around here are pretty lenient about stuff such as tint, blacked out taillights, no front liscense plate, loud exhaust, and other small things like that

Quick Reply: Legal tint - not bad