3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

A few questions on bumpers & side steps

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Giviner
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions on bumpers & side steps

New member here. Just purchased an 06 Ram 2500, crew cab, long box, diesel truck. I haven't owned a diesel truck before, i've been primarily a Jeep guy my entire life, but I have been getting more into the diesel truck world lately. Had to part with my old J20 to get something a little more family-friendly that my wife would be able to drive and that can seat more than 2.

The truck itself is in solid shape, 320,000 km's but with a transmission rebuild less than 30k ago. Has a few mild mods done to it (cold air intake, mild edge chip, and a cat converter removal). No major rust or damage, just a few small quirks that i'm sure i can fix.

Enough rambling though, the end result of this truck is to keep it pretty close to stock. No desire for a lift kit or any crazy horsepower mods. My main goal is to keep it reliable so I can hopefully get another 300k out of it. That said, i really like the blacked out look and am planning on going that route with it. The truck itself is black, but it the SLT model and has chrome doors, mirrors, bumpers and side steps. I'd like to replace the bumpers with something aftermarket to give it a bit of a unique look, the stock rear one is dented anyway. I've been looking around and I can't seem to find much out there that I like. Mostly everything just looks disproportionately huge for the truck and just looks out of place (speaking about front bumpers here). The only ones that don't seem too bad are the Fusion bumpers, but i'd like to see a few other styles before making up my mind. Anyone have any suggestions? Pics would be great too.

Also, same deal with side steps, would like to ditch the stock ugly chrome ones (again, one of mine is already bent) with something a little more solid. Suggestions would be very welcome, can't seem to find much. Thanks!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:39 AM
reefguy89
Captain

iron bull bumpers and nfab or amp steps.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:09 AM
Giviner
Amateur

Thanks reefguy, checked out the iron bull bumpers, still a little bulky for my like but i am liking the nfab side steps, they are pretty nice.

Quick Reply: A few questions on bumpers & side steps