3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mods!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 AM
redhemi06
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods!!!!

well finally got around doing some modifications to the truck as i had the parts just laying around. started with changing the spark plugs, been overdue for a few thousand miles (champion coppers) then started on draining the coolant for 180* tstat install and water temp sensor in hose for gauge i never hooked up. after that changed the oil and replaced the oil pressure sensor which was bad i thought, looks like its the actual gauge though. could i send that back to glowshift? anyways put on an electric fan as well. monday ill install the controller but ran out of time today and had to meet the car club for our weekly meeting. pulled the clutch fan tho, used a clamp and a big wrench, couple hits with a hammer no big deal. installed a new tranny cooler since the stock one had a kink in it, shouldve replaced awhile ago but got it done today. shes running a lot better but will be going away shortly. :/ bought a 96 last month and left it in houston for the girlfriend to drive. 1996 dodge ram 1500 5.2l 4x4 6" lift 35" in tires so gonna trade the girlfriend for awhile and work on the 96. so far no real problems other than wild vents but she fixed that already! gonna do the plenum fix and probably new radio and speakers, heads, cam, intake, headers, track bar, headlights, tailights, custom reverse lights, spot lights on the grille guard and adding fog lights to it . then either repainting or gonna herculine the whole thing. any input?

in progress
Name:  work.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  252.1 KB

clutch fan removal
Name:  clutchfan.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  139.8 KB

BART and REDHEMI
Name:  trucks.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  253.0 KB

REDHEMI
Name:  06.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  394.8 KB

BART
Name:  bart2.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  143.2 KB

BARTs new shoes (BFg M/T KM2's)
Name:  bartshoes.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  85.4 KB

Last edited by redhemi06; 08-26-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: wrong pic
Old 08-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Other than you're ballin' to be droppin all that cash on a 96'... awesome she's in the trenches fixing her own stuff... keeper imo.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:18 AM
redhemi06
Professional

yes she is a keeper, she replaced the cap and rotor, fixed the wild vents (check valve and pcv valve) and cleaned out the TB. im in the military and last july got another portion of my "bonus" and wanted a mud truck so picked it up for $4k and 240k miles. ive only replaced two of the tires so far ($609 installed) so still have to replace the other two and thats just the shopping list, have yet to buy any of it lol. ill get it all done eventually though, kinda like i did today with my ram

Old 08-26-2012, 03:56 AM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

thats a clean 2nd gen props, never noticed before but on the 06 whats with antenna on the top of the door jamb? did they relocate em for the new body style from the fender or is it xm/sirius?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 AM
redhemi06
Professional

har har i kno the door seal

Quick Reply: Mods!!!!