3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Plasti dip on grill inserts and/or "spears"

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:37 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plasti dip on grill inserts and/or "spears"

My son and i "dipped" all of the emblems tonight. Stopped short of doing anything else, though, because i wonder if it would be a short term effort. Wondering who else, maybe, has done those two areas and had it hold up for a decent amount of time. With all of the bugs and debri that hit the front end all of the time and the effort required to clean them off, i am afraid that plasti dipping the grill inserts will last until the next cleaning. Then, the moulding on the doors (spears), since they are painted and clearcoated, would the dip last on them?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you actually used Plasti-Dip then you should be fine. That stuff is pretty tough. I have it on my Grille insert and over the chrome plastic part of my bumper and it still looks new.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:43 AM
kenneymc
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, my plast dipped grill and bumpers holding up great. Been through automated car wash several times, no issues. I did them over 4 months go.

Quick Reply: Plasti dip on grill inserts and/or "spears"