3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ram srt6 project **read!**

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Defboi6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram srt6 project **read!**

I know everyone out there already beaten around this bush before multiple times. But I came to a thought that there is only SRT4, SRT8, SRT10 in the Dodge lineup. Where is the SRT6? So I set out to search for it, it turns out it is available through Chrysler in form of a Crossfire. So, the two part question I ask is this: Is there an actual V6 supercharger that "COULD" fit or possibly modified to fit onto the 3.7L? Keep in mind I have an 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 3.7L Mag mated to 5 speed transmission. The second part is this, will the Chrysler 3.7L engine can be fitted into the engine bay of 02 Dodge Ram 1500? Also, could it be mated to the existing 5 speed transmission? < I apologized this is three part... And please do not recommend the HEMI or any other V8. My project is this: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 is converted into 2006 trim with SRT10 Body Trim. With "one-off" engine swap for a possible "400 HP" Supercharged 3.7L SRT6. I'm trying to make this an interesting show truck with never-before-tried display. I've worked long and hard on this project and I still haven't reached the actual shop phase. It is currently in blueprint phase. I'm out on a mission to collect all informations and knowledges on how to make this "one-off" Dodge Ram SRT6. Of course, the MPG will be ridiculous, however, I could just work on the axle gear, dyno work, motor modifications, weight shaving, and transmission modifications to make this thing move a breeze. ANY OPINIONS WELCOME! But no opinion of "Shoulda bought a HEMI..." I'm just trying something new with a new taste. BTW I'm new to the forum and just started my two year project.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:21 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 06-03-2012, 10:49 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well for starters I don't think you would fit a Chrysler engine into a dodge ram and if you could it would take a SH*T ton of custom work to make this work the way you want it to and for it to make the power you want it to. For the money you're going to drop into this you could buy an SRT10 Ram probably

Old 06-04-2012, 12:00 PM
ohlarikd
Amateur

The Crossfire SRT-6 is actually a Mercedes SLK supercharged engine. In fact the whole crossfire is a rebodied Mercedes. I don't think you will find anything that will fit.

Or maybe I don't understand you application of the Crossfire to your 3.7L magnum?

I like new and interesting combos, so good luck!

Derek

Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Someone on a different forum (don't remember which) figured out to put in one of the Mercedes V-8's into his Crossfire. But back on topic, as mentioned, this will not be easy to do...would be easier to swap in a 4.7.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Defboi6

I didn't know it was a SLK engine. So I suspect the charger kits of any mind wouldn't fit my Mag.. I know theres no tuners or programmers available for the V6. Is there any possibility of finding a software of some kind to just tweak few points. I was hopng I could do this with my laptop. 220 hp is not enough for me

Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Defboi6
I didn't know it was a SLK engine. So I suspect the charger kits of any mind wouldn't fit my Mag.. I know theres no tuners or programmers available for the V6. Is there any possibility of finding a software of some kind to just tweak few points. I was hopng I could do this with my laptop. 220 hp is not enough for me
Actually there is an option. Email Sean at Hemifever tuning with your PCM part number. The SCT 9550 is compatible (they don't advertise this) with a slew of PCM's for custom tuning. I did this with the 3.7 in my wife's 04 Liberty. If it is, he can either do 'canned' style tunes like a Superchips would have (87, 91, 93, even a towing type tune) or you can go straight custom for your configuration with the option of updates.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:21 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

If you got enough money, time and resources, anything is possible. The question is will it be fun?

Old 06-08-2012, 04:07 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Interesting concept. Sounds like you want to do this for the right reasons, rather than just "Ahhh wont mah truck ta go fass'er!". The roads are littered with the drivetrains of those who wanted to do big things with little engines for as cheap as possible... ultimately screwing up more than they fix. If you know what you are getting into, and accept the difficulties and expenses involved to create your goal of a truly custom machine, then this is definitely an idea I can get behind and would love to follow the progress of it. As abstract of an idea as this may seem (and not my personal cup of tea), it's great to see someone want to create. As an acquaintance of mine on another forum stated after Carol Shelby passed away, "There just aren't a whole lot of people left in the world who GET **** DONE". This seems to have turned into a slightly more ambitious project than you originally conceived. Still planning on seeing it through the right way? I sure hope so. Good luck!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Defboi6

I apologized for the delay in responding to all excellent help and advices. I would love to contact Sean at Hemifever to find the new configurations on my PCM but an email address would be greatly appreciated so I can get things started. As for now, I have to find new set of rims and tires since I've destroyed both right wheels on the curbs due to an idiot cutting in front of me, and as for this truck used to be a "farm truck" the power steering lost pressure and finally about to lock up on me. Never fear, I've always had Dodge fever since I was a child (I blame my father) He have a very nice 2500 Cummins sitting in the garage right now, cooling off. Got KN filter and Superchip mod on it, and this thing can haul a 50 footer trailer for his farm. Now, I'm looking to find more efficient way to boost MPG as well HP for all our enthusiasts who wish to stay within their budget OR just want something that is not common as Hemis or SRT10s. I've always toyed with an idea of turbo charging but of course, there isn't one available except for STS brand and I do not want those. I was wondering, could a 3.7 Magnum V6 handle the boost (if configured and installed correctly) of a CUMMINS turbo from a 2500? Throw me your ideas. I want answers here, people. I may be on to something here. Pick some brains and see if its possible "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"

Quick Reply: Ram srt6 project **read!**