3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Fiberglass Tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
LoganSutter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglass Tonneau

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a black fiberglass tonneau cover for my 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 Regular bed. I was curious if anyone knew where to get one of the color matched fiberglass ones without paying a fortune from ARE or LEER, or if anyone knew anyone who is selling one.

I am also very curious how much they actually are from ARE and LEER because none of them post their prices.

Thanks,
Logan

Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 PM
sgpwayne
Default Tonneau Cover

Leer doesn't post prices but leaves it up to the dealer to price them. I bought a Leer in 2003 that matched my reg. cab RAM. it has not faded or cracked and the lift bars are still holdin good. I paid about $1200 for it back then and I don't have any regrets. You get what you pay for!!!!
Good luck with your search. Remember that bigger dealers may not be the cheapest, take your time and shop around

Old 09-12-2012, 05:35 AM
CanadianWR450
Amateur

Look at UnderCover Truck Bed Covers http://www.undercoverinfo.com/

There was one on my truck when I bought it. I needed a piece, and phoned them up as there were no dealers anywhere around here. Turns out the cover on my 2008 is actually 13 years old, AND they shipped my the small piece I needed , a spare, instructions so I would have it secured correctly (Which is why I lost it in the first place), all from the west coast of the US to the east coast of Canada for FREE!
Pretty hard to find company's that stand behind their product like that these days.
The truck cover is still going strong, and still looks great.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 AM
LoganSutter
Rookie

Sweet guys, I checked out the UnderCover Truck Bed Covers and they look nice as well, but once again, I couldn't find a price on their website. I do not understand why it is so hard to provide a price. Anyhow, thank you both for your inputs, sounds like I want to buy a reputable one because they are pretty durable.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
IGot2P
Amateur

Originally Posted by LoganSutter
I am also very curious how much they actually are from ARE and LEER because none of them post their prices. .

Thanks,
Logan
Go to http://www.topperworld.net/ARE_Tonneaus.htm and you can see what their installed prices are for A.R.E. which will give you a good idea of what they would cost in your area. The only way that I could ever buy an A.R.E. was installed....couldn't buy it and do it myself

Don

Old 09-12-2012, 12:45 PM
LoganSutter
Rookie

Originally Posted by IGot2P
Go to http://www.topperworld.net/ARE_Tonneaus.htm and you can see what their installed prices are for A.R.E. which will give you a good idea of what they would cost in your area. The only way that I could ever buy an A.R.E. was installed....couldn't buy it and do it myself

Don
Thank you, I appreciate it. My local dealer just called me as well and told me the pricing for them to be delivered, painted, and installed. Looks like I will probably be getting the ARE LT Tonneau for about $900 installed.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:54 AM
carrevan
Rookie

http://www.gaylordslids.com/ love some of the styles they offer! will be getting the spoiler style for my ram.

Quick Reply: Fiberglass Tonneau