3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Muffler help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 PM
warnett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler help?

Okay, i know this has been asked a million times before, but i am still unsure. All i want is a cherry bomb pro..si/so..nothing fancy at all. Will the truck still have good performance with a deep sound? also does the offset matter at all or can i just keep it centered? Thanks for your help guys

Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you mean by offset? But as long as you remove the resonator/s and just have the muffler then it will be louder and better flowing than stock. It would help to get the Magnaflow Y pipe as well

Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 PM
jdpartsman
Professional

Good call on the Cherry Bomb Pro, I might be getting one of them myself. As far as offset, I don't think it matters any on sound, more of ease of install. I think center in/offset out is a good choice. Good luck!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Suckingas03
Professional

Any aftermarket muffler like magnaflow or cherry bomb will flow better and sound better than stock muffler. And what do you mean by performance? If your wanting your truck to get up and go faster just getting a muffler won't do it for ya. Look into getting a cold air intake and a programmer to go with it and youll see a slight performance increase.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 AM
thehemihead
Rookie

Originally Posted by Suckingas03
Any aftermarket muffler like magnaflow or cherry bomb will flow better and sound better than stock muffler. And what do you mean by performance? If your wanting your truck to get up and go faster just getting a muffler won't do it for ya. Look into getting a cold air intake and a programmer to go with it and youll see a slight performance increase.
I agree. A programmer helps a ton mpg's and performance overall a better producing engine

Quick Reply: Muffler help?