3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Aftermarket Halo/LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:42 AM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Halo/LED headlights

Anybody have any of these, with pix? I put a set of the black trimmed LED tails and 3rd brake light on the back because I had a broken tail anyway and my son wanted this type of light on "his" truck. Now he wants some black trimmed lights in the front and he really likes the ones he's seen online with the daytime running halo's with the LED strip underneath. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on certain brands/models that have worked well or any to definitely stay away from?

Old 10-26-2012, 12:54 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

I have a cheaper version of halos, but weed has the best ones they are the Halo angel eyes. I havent seen any certain brand fail or fall apart but i do think most of the healights offered look good and are somewhat sturdy

Old 10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
gertie240
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, I'm just borrowing my son's truck until he is old enough to drive. 4 years from now.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:42 AM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by gertie240
LOL, I'm just borrowing my son's truck until he is old enough to drive. 4 years from now.
I've been borrowing mine since I bought it in 2004, when he was 6. LOL

Actually, since I've never kept a vehicle longer than 2 or 3 years, I didn't buy it intending to give to him someday. But I love my truck and it has been very dependable, so we are now working towards "remodeling" it to his tastes. He just started driver education a couple weeks ago, so we still have some time to work on it. Of course it's not loud enough or tall enough for him, but those things may just wait. Just working on exterior cosmetics for now. We've plasti-dipped the badging, leveled it, and mounted the wheels and tires. He wants to black out the grill, either remove the nerf bars or replace with black ones, put on some halo black themed headlights, and put a black bull bar on the front.

By the way, that 4 years goes by quick.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:47 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

Well he sure does have a nice looking truck to work with. Even though theres not much i would change

Old 11-04-2012, 11:39 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by willdikem66
I have a cheaper version of halos, but weed has the best ones they are the Halo angel eyes. I havent seen any certain brand fail or fall apart but i do think most of the healights offered look good and are somewhat sturdy
Yeah, well, lets not mention those Oracle SMD LED halos I have are a little over $200 a set. They are costly but they are THE BEST on the market that FIT our headlight housings correctly

Old 11-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Yeah, well, lets not mention those Oracle SMD LED halos I have are a little over $200 a set. They are costly but they are THE BEST on the market that FIT our headlight housings correctly
have you been on there site recently weed? theyve updated ours to have dual settings ie red/white etc. saw that update a few months ago. also i think we can get colorshifts now

Old 11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

They were trying to do a group buy on those over on DT not too long ago and I dont think it turned out too well. Those RBG sets are nice but REALLY costly as in $400 a set.

Im sorry but it was hard enough for me to $200 on a set.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

They were trying to do a group buy on those over on DT not too long ago and I dont think it turned out too well. Those RBG sets are nice but REALLY costly as in $400 a set.

Im sorry but it was hard enough for me to $200 on a set.
i know what you meen, id have to get the sets for the fogs if i was gonna do it and thats what kills me about em

Old 11-05-2012, 02:25 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

Dang and i thought when i bought mine for 100 something i thought that was to much!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Halo/LED headlights