3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Need opinions on color scheme- pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 PM
team_realtree
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions on color scheme- pics

Here's a picture of my truck after I plastidipped my grill.

Do you guys think I should go black or white on my bumpers? I also intend to black out the rear ram emblem and the "ram 1500" side door badges.

Or do you think I should have gone the opposite way and gone white on the grill?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

black... black is always a good choice!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good. Nice job!

Only problem with Plastidip is that it's not UV resistant so it will and does fade and eventually crack from degredation if the stone chips don't take care of it first. Ofcourse you could just remask and spray. Just consider that when spraying other parts such as bumpers or lower body panels where they are prones to lots of rain/mud contact.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:13 PM
team_realtree
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm didn't think of that..I'd think the side panels would see a lot more abuse and stones than the bumpers especially since my tires stick out. 22$ after tax for a can of this stuff in Ontario so I have to figure out what will look best

Old 12-07-2012, 07:17 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by team_realtree
Hmm didn't think of that..I'd think the side panels would see a lot more abuse and stones than the bumpers especially since my tires stick out. 22$ after tax for a can of this stuff in Ontario so I have to figure out what will look best
Dang. Local hardware store had a goin out of business sale. Each can was originally $9 and at 50% off($4.50), I coulda swiped the 8 cans they had. I had already spent over $500 so I called it quits...lol

Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

yeeesh, thats rough for the price, its only like 8 bucks by me. I like the black look, I think you can't go wrong doing it that way. Personally I think of the plasti-dip as a test run, if you like it then you can get it painted black. You really can't go wrong with black or white imo though, with a white truck however you choose to get rid of the chrome and replace it with colormatched white or black is going to look good.

Quick Reply: Need opinions on color scheme- pics