3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

pressure in radiator

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 PM
jim.L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pressure in radiator

2004 ram 1500 qc 4x4 5.7

70000miles

Had a 02 sensor high bank 2 sensor 2 code come up.Bought the sensor and the light went away and did not com back.

I put the sensor in any way . Two years ago I had the radiator and water pump fail right about this time of year at 50000 miles . Just after the sensor went out I started to see radiator fluid spots on the cement .I took a look and as far as I could tell it was coming from the radiator , water pump the radiator cap and about every other hose.

I took it to the dealer and they pressure checked every thing they could and told me the water pump and radiator were bad .They even installed a thermostat .That was yesterday and there is radiator fluid seeping out of the radiator cap already.When you take the cap off the fluids comes out like a shook up can of soda pop.

I can see where this is going already.I just do not know where to look next .Any ideas ?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:45 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So you replaced the radiator and water pump at 50,000 miles, and then replaced them again just now along with a thermostat? Is that right? Just want to make sure that I understand what is going on.

Is it overheating when you get this extra pressure? Could be an air bubble stuck in the system if they didn't burp it right. With all those parts being replaced recently, hopefully its an easy problem.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 AM
jim.L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes everything has just been replaced at 70k.Water pump, radiator and thermostat .The water pump and radiator were replaced at 50k two years ago. It did sound as if there was alot of fluid movement when I started it (air).I am scared to even start it.My dad thought air trapped in the fluid system could be it too.I am going to the local shop in the morning to have the radiator pressure checked again to make sure there is not to much pressure in the system.

Quick Reply: pressure in radiator