3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Firestone Destination LE2

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 PM
GreenDakotaKid
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestone Destination LE2

i just bought a 2007 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the 20in. rims and i need new tires. i am going to be going to college soon and driving more highway so i need a good road tire. also i will not be going off road in this truck because it cost me my life savings and cant afford to ruin it. i would like to know if anyone has a good all season tire that is relatively cheap (under $250) and is good in the snow since i live in New York. i am currently considering the firestone destination LE2 tires. if you have used these tires on your truck please let me know how you liked them and if you have any other suggestions i am all ears. thanks

Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

I cant tell you about how the LE2 will react in the snow, but I have had three sets of Destinations on two different trucks, and have had very good luck with them. The LE2s are excellant rain tires and wear very well also. I have them on my current truck. We get little snow here where I live, but the few times it has snowed, they seemed to perform adequately. I hope this helps you. Mine are also 20inch...275-55-20

Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM
GreenDakotaKid
Rookie

thanks for all the information. i got a quote today for $775 out the door for all four tires for the firestone destination LE2s and i think i am going to go with them.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:49 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a cousin in upstate NY who has an '08 QC 4x4 Hemi Ram who absolutely raves about his Firestone Destination tires, although I believe he has the slightly more aggressive A/Ts...

Old 12-09-2012, 08:43 AM
GreenDakotaKid
Rookie

i had the Destination LE 2's installed yesterday at the firestone dealer and i think they are great even though it has only been 30miles. they are so much nicer than the stock wranglers. price was good too- with alignment and 4 tires walked out the door paying $845.99.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Jareski
Veteran

Originally Posted by GreenDakotaKid
i had the Destination LE 2's installed yesterday at the firestone dealer and i think they are great even though it has only been 30miles. they are so much nicer than the stock wranglers. price was good too- with alignment and 4 tires walked out the door paying $845.99.
=O. I'm jealous of the low prices south of the border. I think I might just cross over the border, stay for a few days, get some parts put on, and drive back across. Even if I have to pay duty, it would still be cheaper than here.

Quick Reply: Firestone Destination LE2