3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2004-2007 Hemi motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
chrisjhicks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004-2007 Hemi motor swap

I had a motor from a 2007 (Hemi) installed in my 04 dodge ram. The fellow that installed it told me he would use the 07 computer & wireing harness, but he used my 04 harness and intake manifold. Currently, one cylinder is not firing and a check engine light is on. I have compression tested every cylinder (compression was fine) and checked for spark. Number 7 cylinder was not firing according to computer, so I replaced number 7 injector, but still having a miss. I am sure this has something to do with mds, even though its only 1 cylinder not firing? The solenoids for the mds are still in place, but are probably not connected. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by chrisjhicks; 12-19-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Corrections to original listing.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:14 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you remove the MDS hardware? This includes the solenoids in the valley and the lifters. If I'm not mistaken even the cam is MDS specific. What CEL are you getting?

Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
chrisjhicks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi swap

I purchased the engine and the fellow talked me into letting his guys do the install. Originally, he was to install the engine with the 07 computer, wiring harness, transmission. It was supposed to be a complete swap. However, he took a lot longer than what he quoted. When he told me he was having trouble, I went and looked and that is when I found what he had done. He gave me a discount for the missing parts, and will try to help me find the parts that I need. I suspect the solenoids will be missing.....but I have not pulled the intake yet. Let me know what to look for and I will get it done. He has also offered to find me another motor without mds. However, I will have to do the work....which I can do.

thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: 2004-2007 Hemi motor swap