3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Flowmaster doss

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Canadian Kyle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster doss

I already did a search and couldn't find anything. I've been looking at the flowmaster kit that has dual exits right before the right wheel. Just wondering how loud it is, and how well it holds up (I know flowmaster stuff usually doesn't last a long time) I would just get it done at a local muffler shop, but there work seems to be hit and miss with regards to quality.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/817398/10002/-1

Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 PM
jdpartsman
Professional

I have looked into that exhaust you are talking about. The muffler is a super 40, and without any pre-muffler resonator it will have alot of sound. Too bad the muffler is not stainless steel, it would be a good one, I think it looks cool.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:17 PM
BIGTEXDODGE
Rookie

i have this on my ram dumed under the bed, it is loud and i love it

Old 12-31-2012, 06:44 PM
hyperjay
Rookie

I have this kit on my 05 hemi. It is a Super 40 with stainless tips. It's been on the truck for 2 years now in Wisconsin weather with no issues yet. It is loud, but drone going down the highway isn't too bad. I have a wife and 2 kids, and they don't complain. We can still hold a conversation inside the truck without yelling.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:38 PM
jdpartsman
Professional

Hyperjay,

I think I've PM'd you on this exhaust but I do have another question. Any problems with the pipes getting the rear wheel/body panels dirty or wet, especially in the winter?

If I do go with this exhaust someday I would add a resonator before the super 40 to help quiet it down alittle.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:52 AM
hyperjay
Rookie

No issues with heat affecting the body panels or tires. Tips are impossible to keep clean no matter what the season, (just because of the placement of the tips). Ice and snow build up is a non issue because the pipes are warm. My truck gets washed once a week, so I can't say I've ever noticed any "soot" build up on the body panels or rims. I don't think my exhaust is that dirty to begin with.

Depending on the outside temp, you will see condensation blowing out the side, and puddle under the pipes during initial warm up, but it's minimal, and goes away after a couple mins.

Here is how it looks after 2 years, and this is the 3rd Wisconsin winter. The white you see on the body panel is all salt. Paint is not chipping or bubbling at all. Clamps are rusting more than the welds on the muffler and body of muffler itself. That could have been been fixed if I would have chose to have the muffler/tips welded in place instead of clamped, or just used stainless clamps.

Last edited by hyperjay; 01-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
jdpartsman
Professional

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Canadian Kyle

Thanks guys,

Quick Reply: Flowmaster doss