3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Intake mpg

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
AF-Hemi57
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemi over everything
I have an 05 hemi an I just put in a k&n intake, I was previously getting 11.2-11.5 mpg with flow master muffler and y pipe and now I'm getting 13.8-14.2 mpg just wanted to share that and I'm really happy with these results!
I'm getting about the same thing with my K&N

Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Hemi over everything

Well idk if its the weather cuz I live in Miami with 75+ degree winter and 90+ summer and it'll burn through a quarter tank in an hour, and maybe the year makes a difference too?

Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by Got_Mitch
Well sadly enough with my Volant CAI, and lower foglight air inlet, I had a massive drop is MPG on the highways. I drove 600 kms or so 2 weeks back at approx -20celcius. And traveling at about 100kph, 62-3 mph. And I was getting around the 13 mpg mark. I was floored by that. So as soon as I was done my drive up north. I stuffed the foglight ram air inlet with rags, and took the Top cap off the air box, so it would breath in warmer engine air. And then on my drive back home. I was getting between 17 - 18 mpg depending on wind, and hill grades.

Now im trying to think of how Im going to make a warm air scoop for the winter time.

If you want a winter solution, get a coupler and a short piece of pvc the size of your throttle body, drill a hole for the IAT and just put your filter on the other end of the pvc. The IAT will see that your breathing warm air from under the hood, and your mileage should increase, then in the spring just switch it back. If you're gonna ram cold dense winter air into the TB, your injectors will add more fuel, to keep the engine from being too lean, thus mileage suffers noticeably, as you already know

Quick Reply: Intake mpg