3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

X-Pipe, True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Black Jack
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one of the best sound vids I've heard of a Hemi. Kudos. Great job on the x pipe and duals.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
thehemihead
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really appreciate it!

Old 03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Axle Eighty

Now that this has been on for a couple of weeks, what can you tell me about in-cab drone? How about performance? What does the seat of your jeans tell you? I had a dynomax setup on my '04 and at 2.5k-3k rpm my ears would start bleeding from the pounding in the cab. Now that I have my 2500 I really want the mpg and hp gains on this truck but I am not sure I have enough money in my flex spending to cover prosthetic ear drums....

Old 03-07-2013, 01:02 AM
thehemihead
Rookie

Performance wise its a really good setup minus mandrel bent tubing. I didnt see too much of a change from my other setup(1 Super 10, custom Y-Pipe). But I did notice a change in highway RPM's and maybe a 2% gain in MPG's (going by what I've seen on the overhead computer) I've had this truck for 2 years almost and at first going 70mph I was running right at 2Krpms now im running 1,85K IM NOT LYING on level highway. It has a little drone. But it all seems to be exterior drone if that makes any sense. No busting ear drums, or can't hear a passenger. Now turndowns that may be another story. I dont see why ppl do them all the vibrations and sound bounce right back up to the cab let alone all the exhaust gases being trapped in the underbody cant be good for the metals, bushings, bolts, etc. Any other questions? Just ask!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 AM
thehemihead
Rookie

If your looking for MPG's I highly recommend a Diablosport Predator. I seen a 5-10% jump in MPG's on all the Perfomance tunes. And atleast 15% on the MPG tune it has. Both compared to stock tuning. This is going by what I've seen on the overhead computer and less frequently at the gas pumps, not actually calculating.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

Narley!!!!!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 PM
msorbara10
Rookie

wow that is really really deep and throaty. Nice set up man

Old 03-09-2013, 08:24 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Veddy nice!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Axle Eighty

alright, I'm sold. I am going to mimic your setup with a different mufflers.
To change the thread topic only slightly, I am playing with the idea of replacing the cats while I am under there. My 09 2500 has almost 100k on it. Do you gents think that this is worth the consideration based on age/mileage? Currently there are no CEL codes, at least not in relation to the cats or sensors but this truck was buried in mud up to the floorboards at one point and I fear the cats may have some fouling a result. The OEM muffler had a solid inch of mud INSIDE it. In your esteemed opinions, would now be a good time to change out the cataltyic converters? I would likely just build a new set of downpipes and weld on new cats rather than attempting to cut and replace them into the oem downs.

Last edited by Axle Eighty; 03-12-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:45 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a no brainer, if your muffler had that much crud in it and you are going to be tearing into it anyway, might as well go ahead and replace the cats. Ifn I was replacing mine, id put the magnaflow hi-flow cats on as well, stock are pretty good, but might as well get those few extra cfms.

Quick Reply: X-Pipe, True Duals