3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

545RFE Solenoid Pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 PM
TexasFireFighter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 545RFE Solenoid Pack

Hello Everyone!

I am a newly registered user, although I have been reading the various posts for two years now.

I have a 2004 4.7 Ram 1500 with 125k miles on it. I have come to the conclussion by extensive reading of previous posts that I need to change the solenoid pack in my transmission. I currently have the black plug solenoid pack, a new one has a white plug, I have read that you do and that you dont need an adapter plate. Can anyone help me out? If I need an adapter plate, how do I get one, I have searched for them and cannot seem to find them.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks.....Dave

Old 03-05-2013, 06:43 PM
yppej

Hi TFF,

I'm chasing a CEL w/o codes issue and have seen posts point to the pressure and governor solenoids being fault. Are these the solenoids you're replacing? What is your trans doing or what brought you do this?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 PM
kennethtownsend

I didnt need an adapter plate when i did the one in the durango (same as yours) hell i didnt even do the quick learn procedure. i just did some normal driving around the neighborhood, hwy and interstate and it is fine. I had a p2706 code on mine, and the solenoid pack was failing heat test.

Quick Reply: 545RFE Solenoid Pack