3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Superchips Vivid Paq?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:34 PM
OGsohcHondaLOVE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Vivid Paq?

I just recently bought a new to me 07 Bighorn. I am planning on doing a CAI and a programer to start with. I was looking at the Superchips Vivid Paq and wondering if any of you guys have used it yet and if it is worth the extra money over the Flashpaq? Any help would be appriceated.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
OGsohcHondaLOVE

Well as it seems no one had any info on this and since I ordered it anyways, I guess I'll have to do a review of some sort. Maybe a video too.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
adamj546
Rookie

people usually shy away from these questions because they are all over the forms.
The tuner in question is pretty high regarded along with the diablo trinity just depends on what you prefer is all.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 PM
OGsohcHondaLOVE

Guess its a good thing I relied on myself instead of others in a "help" forum to make my decision. Otherwise I would have waited forever. Didn't see anything on the Diablo Trinity. Oh well I already decided so too late now.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OGsohcHondaLOVE
Guess its a good thing I relied on myself instead of others in a "help" forum to make my decision. Otherwise I would have waited forever. Didn't see anything on the Diablo Trinity. Oh well I already decided so too late now.
You only gave it a DAY. Weekends are sometimes slow. There are MANY of these questions asked and there is an Entire Superchips thread in the FAQ section(link on main 3rd gen page).
There are so many threads like yours that many people run right over until they have extra time to step in. This happens to all questions that are asked in abundance.

Someone could have stepped in and said..Use the search function but they didnt...and why would you ask a question that would depend on your purchase if you already made the purchase?

Your screen name isnt' too appealing for this crowd either.

welcome to DF. look forward to your review.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 AM
OGsohcHondaLOVE

Thanks for the info Dirtydog. I actually read through quite a bit of the Superchips thread. Once I made it 20 or so pages through and found nothing on the VIVID PAQ I started going from the end of the 100+ pages and didn't see what I needed. It was mostly about the handheld Flashpaq. Also I asked the question before I ordered the unit, but I did go ahead and order the unit yesterday afternoon. Along with an AEM Brute force Intake.

As far as my screen name not appealing to this crowd....... DGAF. I have been into hondas and tuning them since I was 17. So that is 13 going on 14 years at the moment. I enjoy racing them and this is the name that I use for all of those forums and as an Xbox Gamertag. I know people affiliate the Honda name with idiot kids and ricer flybys but that is not the case here. I bought this truck as a tow rig for my race car and to use off road and camping trips. I also will probably take it down the 1320 a few times just to see what it can do.

I know how the forum works just didn't realize that people weren't always at it on here. I guess most of the people on here register to find solutions to problems for there vehicles not to help others with that situation.

Thanks for the help though!

Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

to late now but SC 3865 w/ advanced transmission custom tuning if you dont plan on custom tuning. Diablo if you plan on custom tuning via CMR.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:49 PM
07Chuck
Rookie

I have the vivid linq, I'm guessing the pak just comes with a tablet to use it with, I hate mine nothing but problems with it since Christmas

Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Got_Mitch
Professional

I have the vivid linq, I use it thru my android phone. Its pretty awesome. I had a few problems getting it the twin with my phone at first, but going to the SC website, and read thru there. I was able to fix all my issues.

For me the vivid is a 4.5/5. I only wish I had a bigger tablet to mount on my dash to show all gauges. instead of using the phone for 2 things.

Just remeber that If you have twining problems just press the settings button on tablet, and connect manually to the BT dongle.

Im pretty sure Ive typed all this out before. The search function is pretty handy in here. Ive been on these forums for a long time, but dont have many posts b/c most of my questions are answered thru the search function.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 PM
07Chuck
Rookie

Mitch do you have the trans options? What kinda shift schedule and torque management?

Quick Reply: Superchips Vivid Paq?