3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

suggestions on a good paint for bumpers and rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
DirtyDodge812
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tneville
I plasti dipped my bumpers and after one mudding trip the liner came off with the mud, so i decided to sand the bumper with an angle grinder and prep with a little rust stop primer. The roll on bed liner has withstood everything ive thrown at it so far. If your planning to stay on pavement, plasti-dip is a good way to go even on the wheels imo.
Awesome thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'll be home the weekend after this one and I plan on redoing both bumpers with roll on bed liner. Your truck looks good btw, same look as mine just a bit higher, how do you like the body lift?

Old 03-20-2013, 05:36 PM
nkyhemi
Rookie

Throw my $1.25 in. Obviously prep time is most important thing. I used SEMs PROTEX liner. You can get thru Eastwood for around $220 I think. Its a polyureathane and its UV protected. By far the best thing you can do to a truck.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 PM
tneville
Professional

Originally Posted by DirtyDodge812
Your truck looks good btw, same look as mine just a bit higher, how do you like the body lift?
I like the body lift so far because it was so cheap, its been through Pismo dunes and a bunch of mud holes without any problems. My only complaint is that I dont like body lifts in general because the beds load limit is dramatically less without added reinforcement.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 PM
DirtyDodge812
Professional

Originally Posted by tneville
I like the body lift so far because it was so cheap, its been through Pismo dunes and a bunch of mud holes without any problems. My only complaint is that I dont like body lifts in general because the beds load limit is dramatically less without added reinforcement.
I've never heard of a body lift decreasing the beds load limit, do you think a snowmobile in the back would be a problem for a truck with a body lift? I'm thinking about getting a body lift just before its time for tires and replacing my 33's with 35's

Old 03-21-2013, 08:53 AM
tneville
Professional

its because the bed its sitting on little pucks instead of on the frame. It makes stress points on the pucks. The PA body lift comes with metal supports that you can weld on for added support. I dont think a snowmobile will be a problem.

Quick Reply: suggestions on a good paint for bumpers and rims