3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Anyone used Plastidip for bumpers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:54 PM
team_realtree
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used Plastidip for bumpers?

I'm wondering how this stuff will hold up on front/rear bumpers. I tried truck bed liner first and it was terrible (Duplicolor bed armor). Just got done with the plastidip, can't beat the cost at 6$ a can.

Name:  IMG_0889.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  76.3 KB

Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 PM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

really? ive heard that the bedliner works great. I plastidipped my bumpers when I did my wheels and grills, its holding up ok, some small chips here and there but from 3 feet away or so it looks great. The winter was a little hard on it, I dipped it early fall last year. I would say the lifespan is maybe around a year for the plasti-dipped stuff unless you really baby it somehow. How did you prep for the bedliner? That's what I was going to go to eventually, probably monstaliner though, not the spray on kind.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

nice truck,what went wrong with the bedliner?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM
team_realtree
Professional

Originally Posted by Nate_sorenson
nice truck,what went wrong with the bedliner?
I think it was just the stuff I used. I looked up reviews and people on jeep forums say it doesn't hold up at all. Bed armor aerosol is junk lol

Old 04-04-2013, 11:29 AM
DirtyDodge812
Professional

A friend of mine used the spray on duplicolor bedliner on his bumpers and grille, he had to repaint or touch them up twice now since he first did it in november. I painted my rockers with the DIY roll on duplicolor bed armor kit last summer in july and its held up great. Ive powerwashed it multiple times, had plenty of ice build up on it, and its taken plenty of hits from sticks and trees on trails and its held up great so far. I just did my bumpers a week ago so Ill have to see how those hold up, but if its as good as the rockers they should be pretty durable. And for $80 total to paint everything and still have a quart left over I cant complain.

Quick Reply: Anyone used Plastidip for bumpers?