3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bowtie traitor in your midst

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gHEMImorePower
Yeah post pics man for sure. I guess your son got his license?
No, not yet. But my folks were ready to get the Bowtie beast out of their garage. Gives me some time to make it my own.

Today I removed the vent visors and one broke on me. They apparently get a bit brittle with time in the sun. I cleaned up behind them and then removed my instrument cluster and sent it off for a rebuild since the speedo was suffering from a known, but expired recall issue where the needle is all over the place. Lift kit will be here on Monday and Tuesday it goes in for install and new tires.

I will post some more pix when it's all done.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:56 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gm. Plastic door handels connected to metal rods..time and time again you see broken tail gate handels and door handels on a gm truck.

My work trucks arre gm hd gas 2500. And i like thier ride and performance, but interior and exterior styling has allways been kinda blah, truth be told, i have a better overall opion of gm than dodge..

Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

i wont soon buy a chevy, but man that body style is soo good looking!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:49 AM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Just so you guys know where I am coming from, this isn't a willful defection. I love my dodge and if I were buying a brand new truck, I would have a hard time buying something other than a dodge. But I wanted something used and with the "family discount" I couldn't have gotten more bang for the buck buying anything else. And I know where this one has been and that it has been taken care of mechanically. I like the mega cab'ish space inside and I think the look of the truck will be more to my liking when I get done with mods and I am hoping the ride as well. Not a huge fan of the nose on this body style Chevy though. My dad had a hood deflector on there that protected the paint but made it look even worse and it caused a lot of buffeting. For the money, though, I got a solid truck with low miles and its capable of more than I need it for.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Adding some new pix as it sits now. A little disappointed and a long story, but I was able to get some blocks that worked lifting the back end but had to settle, for now, for a t-bar crank to somewhat level the front. Still working on finding some keys that will work on the front for closer to level.

Name:  lifted_profile_driver_zps6ddd39a2.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  lifted_driver_angle_zps1833ea11.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  95.6 KB

Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 PM
popdog
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always liked the styling choices of your ram. It's a bit of a silver version of my truck. Very clean looking. Your son will be a very lucky kid. I never got a vehicle from the 'rents - kinda wish I had, but at the same time it's very fulfilling buying your own.

Quick Reply: Bowtie traitor in your midst