3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

3" body lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 AM
eng18ine
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" body lift questions

hey guys.
iv been toying with the idea of a 3 inch body lift. but im more in the market for a complete kit. one with all the bumper relocation brackets and all the empty space covers i would need. so i have a couple questions if someone could help me out.
---its an 04 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with a 2" level. i dont plan on going with a 3"

is there any sort of modification that has to be done to the truck? anything like extending linkages or lines?
any specific companies you guys would recommend?
any downsides to a body lift?

thanks for looking!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 PM
team_realtree
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would highly recommend Performance Accessories body lifts. They are by far the most popular body lifts out there and are very affordable. It will include anything you need to complete the lift but it doesn't come with gap guards. PA gap guards I have heard are junk- fab up your own with sheet metal.

There is lots that need to be extended but if you are only doing a 2" body lift you can probably get away with leaving some things stock- for example fan shroud, steering extension, bumper relocation, gas filler, brake line bracket, power steering cooler drop bracket.

As for downsides to a body lift- no additional off roading clearance and you will be able to see frame from the side view of the truck if you look hard enough.

Quick Reply: 3" body lift questions