3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Whats next 4.7 performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:54 AM
jaebersold
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone??I talked to Dan the fastman and keeps telling me to call crower cams and they will make me the 206 cams..Anybody have any luck with them?I've emailed them alot

Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM
jaebersold
Rookie

Ok...I got the 4.56ers in and I just wanted to give y'all a review..First Thankyou for giving me the advice to get the gears..It is a night and day difference.Truck has a lot more power.I don't have to mash the gas for it to move either..Im running 33's..The truck pulls..You can feel it..On the highway it has just as much power.80mph at 2800 rpms Isn't bad at all.If you want to pass someone you can no problem..My tranny doesn't even downshift outta OD anymore to do so or to get up a little hill!!!!Im getting better gas mileage also..If I stay around 65-70mph I get great mpg..I give the 4.56ers 2 thumbs up..All day long..But if your thinking about gears an are unsure..All I can say is do it..I did Motive gears and a Yukon dura grip posi..Mine also had 2 broken c-clips or clutch pack clips..Whatever you wanta call them..Thats why I replaced the posi..I can't believe I had broken clips..But whatever..Its over!!!Don't have to worry bout them anymore..Thanks guys..4.56's rock

Old 07-22-2013, 11:26 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now you can get the converter...think it was fun just going to 4.56's....

Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 PM
KasperR34
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 4.56s should be in withing the next 2 weeks
When I'm back form the service I'm getting the prochagrer, 6.1mani, cams, tq converter etc

Last edited by KasperR34; 07-25-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM
jaebersold
Rookie

Im working on finding HO cams as of now..Just bought a 02 HO intake..I know the 08+ intake is better but I got the HO intake for Alot less then the Adapter plate That I have to get to run the 08 intake...Maybe one day I will do the 08+ Manifold but not right now..Truck pulls a lot better now for sure..Can't wait until I but the intake on!.. And the TQ converter is for sure On my list..Prob the last thing I do is the TQ converter..That way I can tell them what I have done and get it made right an perfect..I can't wait until I find the cams..I know a guy with a pair of HO heads and cams but he won't sell me just the cams..He wants me to buy the heads with the cams in them for 800...They are redone and Im thinking about just doing it beings I need to put in new lash adjusters in my truck anyway..Just use the parts out of the HO heads and put into mine..Then I always of the heads if I ever need to change the Head gaskets Im ready to roll!!!

Quick Reply: Whats next 4.7 performance