3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

cracked a tail light time to upgrade to LED whats the BRIGHTEST

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 12:04 AM
rentprop1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cracked a tail light time to upgrade to LED whats the BRIGHTEST

whats the brightest LED tail light I can get for around $ 100-$ 120 for an 05 Ram 1500 ??

went to back up a trailer with a tractor on the front of a trailer and the bucket was sticking over and wammo.....cracked a silver dollar sized hole in the drivers side tail light

now if I'm gonna cough up $ 75 plus over the cost of the stock replacement, I want the brightest thing I can get, I live in an area with a ton of elderly drivers, I want them bright, not smoked out or reduced in any way

what do you guys think and thanks

Old 05-27-2013, 03:41 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Be careful. My buddy used to have led taillights on his car and a guy in a big dually tried to run him off the road and flipped him off. He said he thinks it was because of the taillights because he's had people complain before. Old folks drive too slow anyways they rarely hit stuff though. On the bright side (no pun intended) you'll probably see a lil better backing up.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:28 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got these off eBay six years ago. "Light Depot", as I recall:

Old 05-27-2013, 10:45 PM
rentprop1
Rookie

thanks but Light Depot seems to be Home lighting and fixtures

Old 05-28-2013, 08:00 AM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think you'll find to much for $100 or less. I got mine for $250 off of eBay. The cheapest way to do it is to just buy some led bulbs to go in the stockers. If you want to just go back to the stockers. I'll sell you my old ones for $75 for both plus shipping

Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 AM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

I got this 3 piece kit online and they are surprisingly bright. Which one of your lights did you crack? I cracked my right rear light but I still have both and nothing wrong with left if you are interested.

These kits come in different color combos - so don't have to go with black if not what you want.

Name:  blackrear-001_zps2ecbc86a.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  39.3 KB

Old 05-29-2013, 04:13 PM
rentprop1
Rookie

this wasn't a WTB ad, a set of both ( stock ) are only about $ 50 on Amazon, some singles are in the $ 25 range on Ebay ...FWIW

I saw some LED's in the low $ 100 range , just wanted some opinions on those thanks guys

rtmtrrdr thanks but I'll pass, keep em collecting dust for that price...lol

Last edited by rentprop1; 05-29-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:42 AM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok then I thought $75 for 2 actual dodge tail light were a better price than some cheap knock off ones from amazon since, I could only find 1 tail light for $ 60. But to each his own

Old 05-30-2013, 09:42 AM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Pardon the F outta us then for trying to be helpful. If you have some picked out, why don't you post them and see if anyone has the same ones and can comment on brightness. I don't remember exactly what I paid for mine but it wasn't $250 and I didn't expect much - but I am happy with them and they are super bright.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:00 AM
rentprop1
Rookie

Originally Posted by 04HemiGreg
Pardon the F outta us then for trying to be helpful. If you have some picked out, why don't you post them and see if anyone has the same ones and can comment on brightness.

why did you have to reply like that I asked a question ( first line of the original post ) was What are the brightest LED lights I can get for around $ 120

don't have any picked out.....I had only briefly looked for them on amazon and though I would come here and ask the truck guys, thanks for being so helpful , I don't sit around all day thinking of mods and accessories for my truck, I cracked a light, thought about upgrading and came here to ask a question.

what I got was someone trying to sell me some at what I thought was a high price, sorry there is no meaning in text, I declined his offer .....but for that price they can sit where they have been on a shelf in his garage collecting dust, I only need the left or drivers side light, there are some singles on Ebay for $ 10 with $ 15 shipping, I just thought the price was quite high and didn't want someone to think the thread was dead and I was no longer going to buy LEDS now cause some guy saw a low poster and thought great, here is a sucker in need, now I can get rid of my lights

Quick Reply: cracked a tail light time to upgrade to LED whats the BRIGHTEST