3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Any Texans?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:45 PM
zacharyhinna
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Texans?

anywhere near the Houston Area? I got brought my truck to a shop and its turned into a nightmare, im not mech inclined so I would need you to meet me at the shop and help me rummage through all their bs. ill tell you the low down and everything if you respond so you know if you can help or not

Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 AM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm up in college station. I don't know what kind of help I could be this far away but maybe I could help?

Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 AM
zacharyhinna

well you might be able to. this shop took advantage of me not knowing mechanics and im looking for someone who is pretty well versed and experienced in the mechanic field who can come in and basically be like wth guys this isnt how this is done basically help me know when to call bs...

Old 08-22-2013, 11:21 AM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm good at this stuff tell me the story and ill tell you what I think. Or send me a pm about it.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:57 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

I know some good shops here in dfw but that's far ha

Old 08-29-2013, 09:09 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

I know some good shops here in dfw but that's far ha

Old 09-01-2013, 07:08 PM
itsUhHemi
Professional

I'm about 30 minutes away from houston. What's going on?

Old 09-05-2013, 06:29 PM
(texas-ram)325HP
Veteran

I know a Hella good shop in SA but that is a long drive. whats going on?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:14 AM
zacharyhinna

basically i took it to a shop and didnt do any research on them . basically all said and done i got a new 4.7 with a mild comp cam and a rebuild kit(so they said) and headers, intake and exhaust. but i paid 10k and they didnt finish after 2months and school started and i took it from them not done. and had it towed home...here are the issues as of now... the truck will start(havent since i towed it home because i dont want to do damage) but it will idle wildy then die. if you drive it you have to keep on the gas while breaking or it will die. there are 3 visible hoses behind the engine that arent attatched to anything, the engine dip stick was jimmied behind the engine block so it would appear to be attatched but isnt, the oil filter is from my old engine i can tell because the new one is in the bed of my truck and a beat up one is on the engine which is why idk if they even put the comp cam in there or any internal work to the engine was done. i live in spring texas right north of Houston and as of now im looking to get started on a cheap car payment and treat my truck as a project until my G.I. Bill money comes in an i can afford to take it somewhere where they can actually take on this job and complete it in a timely manner. because the shop also never gave me any paper work(trust me i bugged the **** out of them) so where ever i take it will have to break the engine down and get the specs of the rebuild to tune it properly. also they didnt even put highflow cats on it they put universals on it:/

Old 01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
jcb36
Rookie

I'm also in college station, I've also had a bad experiences with local shops.