3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Totaled? Hope not

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:18 PM
omextreme
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled? Hope not

(think i posted in wrong section, Mods feel free to move, sorry)

So got hit in the 08 ram... Me stopped, him 55mph

Bed is shot, hitch and mount bent

I am wondering what yall think on this damage, the truck is older and has 400k on it and I fear that with that mileage and age this is enough to total it. I have a meeting with the adjuster monday and I want to mentally prepare myself.

Thanks
Adam

Old 11-23-2013, 09:38 PM
gcburkett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if it is total they would have to include the cost of your custom shell. If the frame is bent it would not that bad to get a bed, bumper and hitch from a junk yard. Have it painted to match. If you think the custom shell is not damaged that bad. This looks to be a work truck so you should be able to get some compensation for downtime too.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:43 PM
omextreme
Rookie

The camper shell is pretty warped, lost about 20k worth of machinery that is now damaged beyond repair and then the truck... Also worried that this could affect the lifetime warranty...

Old 11-24-2013, 12:30 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

If you are worried about the lifetime warranty. I would send dodgecares a pm and ask questions.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:28 AM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a shame, I'm surprised your truck looked so good with that mileage.
I would start shopping now since it is a day off, how are you going to be able to make money if you have to fit-up a rental truck and then re-fit everything back into your truck in X weeks when its all back together?
I would think a diesel would pay itself off fairly quickly if you went in that direction.
Steve

Old 11-26-2013, 12:27 AM
omextreme
Rookie

Adjuster came back @ 4k without including topper, Dodge dealer says estimate way off since adjuster didn't notice damaged LH rear suspension, damaged bed floor etc...... The saga begins.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:30 AM
abarmby
Champion

Aw man..... I feel for ya bud.
it always amazes me just what a beating these trucks can take. Rear ended at 55 mph......WOW!! Most other cars/trucks would be hard to tell what they were after such a collision.
Did you get out unharmed as well?
I hope your fully insured to take into account all your equipment damage, so your not hit financially as we'll in all this?
When a truck and equipment are your lifeblood, a crash by some stupid ignoramus who can't drive can impact greatly!
Good luck on everything bud and I wish you well.
Al.

Quick Reply: Totaled? Hope not