3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

looking for a different sounding muffler

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 08:15 PM
RobertAllen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a different sounding muffler

I have an 05 hemi and when i bought it, it already had American racing headers and a gibson cat back exhaust (the one with two rectangle tips that come out in front of the rear passenger tire) and it sounds ok. it sounds really good at low rpms but once i crack it WOT it just sounds really raspy with more or a crackle than a nice low roar. i had a mustang with mac mufflers that sounded good but im not really sure what would get me the sound im looking for on a hemi because all my friends have chevys. im not a huge fan of tips and dual exhaust, i even chopped off the tips off about 4 inches out of the muffler because i think it looks cleaner so im just looking for a muffler that has a nice low american muscle type sound

Old 02-13-2014, 09:37 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

My Magnaflows are nice and deep.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:07 PM
RobertAllen

How loud are they? All my buddies with manga flows are really quiet, of course they are Chevys though

Old 02-13-2014, 10:09 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Well.......its kinda hard to answer that question for you as what might be loud to yuo might not be loud to me.

But, i have Pacesetter ceramic LTs, no cats, no resonators, dual DMH cutouts. dual 4x14" round Magnaflows and 4x24" tips so it can get pretty loud depending on how I want it to sound

Old 02-14-2014, 12:13 PM
UTOT

I have a Cherry Bomb Extreme SIDO on mine and I don't have a raspy sound when my foot is through the floorboard. I love the sound of it. After having a flomaster and magaflow on my truck i personally think this is one of the best sounding mufflers yet.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:07 AM
RobertAllen

What length cherry bomb did you get? Because I know that the glass packs can get really loud lol

Old 02-23-2014, 11:51 PM
MattFromNB

I got a Magnaflow catback and I love it! It's loud enough without being annoying...it could even be slightly louder and I'd still love it...it's also fine at highway speed...no drone nothing. Get the Magnaflow you won't regret it!

Old 02-24-2014, 02:35 AM
thunderhawk09
Rookie

Thanks For info I was Already leaning Towards MagnaFlow But Now Im Sure That will Be My Choice That's Why Im Not Going To Flowmaster They Sound Good But Dang Highway speeds They Will Roar you out of the truck I Want A Good Sound But Toned down enough I don't have to raise volume on Radio going down Interstate To Hear Tunes Playing

Old 02-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the magnaflow..... full Cat back to dual rear exits.... thing sounds amazing and even when in MDS on the highway it doesn't sound bad.

I get compliments all the time on it too. Honestly one of my favorite exhausts.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:42 PM
GreenEH
Professional

Aeroturbine 3030. Deep, loud and mean. I replaced a cherry bomb SISO (may have been a glass pack) with one and have no regrets. Every shop I have been to has complimented the hemi sound with this exhaust. Most people haven't even heard of the AT3030 but they all seem to love it. I have been stopped at drive-thru's asking about it haha. Give this muffler some thought.

Quick Reply: looking for a different sounding muffler