3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Lets talk about pulling out stuck vehicles.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Barracuda556
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets talk about pulling out stuck vehicles.

So we got some good snow today here in Ohio and as I was taking a drive I saw a stuck truck and he wasn't going anywhere. Since my tires are on their last winter and barely have any tread left I wasn't able to assist anyone. But my main question is what are some good ways to help pull someone out?

I know to always attach tow straps or what your using to frame supported things like a hitch and of course tow hooks, but what are some methods you guys have used and experiences you had being stuck and or helping someone out?

Old 02-18-2014, 02:36 PM
vanjr1

I bought a rope from our local Snow Plow manufacturer and it is like a rubber band. I was afraid to do what they told me but I did and it works great, hook it up and when there is a little slack just let'er rip, the rope starts to stretch and then it sucks the vehicle right out. Pulled out stuck trucks bigger than mine with it. It was about $150 but well worth it.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Barracuda556

Originally Posted by vanjr1
I bought a rope from our local Snow Plow manufacturer and it is like a rubber band. I was afraid to do what they told me but I did and it works great, hook it up and when there is a little slack just let'er rip, the rope starts to stretch and then it sucks the vehicle right out. Pulled out stuck trucks bigger than mine with it. It was about $150 but well worth it.
Sounds interesting, what was the name of the product. Be worth checking out.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:54 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen those. It does look weird. I just carry enough straps to get my truck on solid ground and ease 'em out. Haven't had to do that for a while. I usually pull 'em out with the strap on my hitch. I did pull a car out of a ditch (ditches love cars) by hooking to the tie-down loops they use to secure the car in the RORO and taking a couple of loops around my hitch.

Last edited by MikeHTally; 02-18-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:11 PM
gcburkett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a bunch of spin outs yesterday on I55 but I would not even think about helping pull someone out on a busy interstate. You need the lights for safety reasons. I was not driving my truck anyway. I did run across someone once when I was in my truck but it was a car and I don't know where I would hook up straps on a car.

Quick Reply: Lets talk about pulling out stuck vehicles.