3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Recon lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 11:41 AM
TheFist
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recon lights?

Has anybody ordered from this company? What's your experience with them?

Tried to order some taillights, the website gave me a lot of problems. Pages would not advance, kept asking me if I was interested in "these other items". Don't ship to p.o. Boxes. Had to change the zip code at this point and had to start the order process all over again. Then at the end when I finally got to the order completion part, nothing would work. Page wouldn't advance, had no idea if the order went through.

Frustrated, I tried calling the phone number and they don't even have anybody to answer the phone. Seems like a pretty cheese dick company.

Was it just a bad day or is this the norm for this company?

Old 02-17-2014, 09:36 AM
TheFist
Veteran

Ok, maybe not.

What about the cheap ones from k2 on eBay?

Recons were over 300 and you had to order separate lamps for the backup lights. The k2 were 113 shipped with back up lights already installed.

I figured I'd give em a try. They can't be any worse than the oem's that have been rattling around loose for a couple years.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:57 PM
tantofolder
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am surprised that no one has chimed in.....I could have sworn that these used to be all the rage.I had hoped to hear some reviews on the Recons myself.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:35 AM
TheFist
Veteran

I thought I'd get more as well. I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

The eBay ones I ordered were 66% cheaper. Ill post back when I get them and have had a chance to see how good or bad they are.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:50 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I ordered all 3 rear lights from ebay.They were like 169 or something like that.have had them on for a year now with no problems at all

Old 02-19-2014, 09:06 AM
TheFist
Veteran

Originally Posted by rtmtrrdr
I ordered all 3 rear lights from ebay.They were like 169 or something like that.have had them on for a year now with no problems at all

What company? K2 motors?

This company has at least been very responsive. Easy order without any b.s. And I've already received feedback, order confirmation, shipping notification and tracking info.

Recon order just kept stalling, asking if I wanted more stuff, and no response to 2 phone calls. Plus they 3 times higher in price.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:59 PM
GreenEH
Professional

I ordered the k2 motors smoked led taillights and have had 3 LEDs burn out in 4 months or so. They are coming off my truck as it looks like trash now. Also, installation was a pain in the ***: they use hot glue to hold the wires in the connector and the wires weren't fully seated in my case. I had to pick off all the glue, press the wires further into the connector and reglue them to get a working connection between the lights and my truck.

I hope you have better luck with your set.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:37 PM
TheFist
Veteran

Thanks for that info. We'll see how it goes. If I have install problems I'm sending them back right away.

I wondered about the longevity of the lamps at this price.

Quick Reply: Recon lights?