3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2006 Mega Cab A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 09:53 AM
suarich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Mega Cab A/C Problem

I have been having an issue with the temperature difference of the A/C going to the rear seats of my 2006 1500 Mega Cab. The vehicle has had several issues with the A/C unit over all, from blend doors breaking and other issues. Under my extended warranty, which has now expired, they replaced the whole A/C box complete with new actuators and all the other items with the box.

My problem now is that whether the unit is on Max Air or outside air the temperature difference from the front vents to the rear vents when the temperature control is set near the middle is over 20 degrees F difference. This was not a problem prior to the change out. At max cold or max heat the temperature differences are within 5 to 7 degrees which is normal. The dealer that did the work states that the unit is working properly and has the latest updated parts and program. They started a STAR case on my vehicle and the response was to find a like vehicle on the lot and see if it has the same temperature differences. The only problem, there are no like vehicles on the lot.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the fix?

Stephen Suarez

Quick Reply: 2006 Mega Cab A/C Problem