3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Best Exhaust Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Packy37
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want mine loud but a sexy loud. I don't care about the noise in the cab. I had a 5 speed Ranger with a 5inch stack, talk about loud lol

Old 06-24-2014, 10:01 PM
GreenEH
Professional

Get some long tube headers, ditch the cat and put an AT3030 on. Talk about loud! That's what I run on my truck and it sounds like a monster truck

Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 AM
duke07
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best is subjective so try to check out some Youtube videos. Some videos may not give justice about the real sound though you can have an idea.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by GreenEH
Get some long tube headers, ditch the cat and put an AT3030 on. Talk about loud! That's what I run on my truck and it sounds like a monster truck

Boy.....I bet that thing is fun to take a trip in. Do yourself a favor and don't ruin your ears as I did listening to loud music and riding in loud vehicles. By the time your my age you'll thank me. Loud is nothing more than loud and usually sounds like s#$t, and will damage your hearing badly over time

Old 07-11-2014, 12:22 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Man with a hemi
Boy.....I bet that thing is fun to take a trip in. Do yourself a favor and don't ruin your ears as I did listening to loud music and riding in loud vehicles. By the time your my age you'll thank me. Loud is nothing more than loud and usually sounds like s#$t, and will damage your hearing badly over time
I dunno, Old Man, if I ain't your age I bet I ain't too far behind and I still like LOUD - IF it's the right ride.

I work as a tech at Ecklers where we specialize in Corvettes, but also Camaros and ALL the Muscle Cars, not too mention restorations on Chevy Tri-Fives and cars all the way back to Model A & Model T Fords.
I can still get worked up when I hear a Big Block with some glass packs. LOL...

Old 07-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I dunno, Old Man, if I ain't your age I bet I ain't too far behind and I still like LOUD - IF it's the right ride.

I work as a tech at Ecklers where we specialize in Corvettes, but also Camaros and ALL the Muscle Cars, not too mention restorations on Chevy Tri-Fives and cars all the way back to Model A & Model T Fords.
I can still get worked up when I hear a Big Block with some glass packs. LOL...

Hammer, I'm 62 and still love the sound of a good tuned exhaust, but some guys just throw stuff on their cars and trucks that just sound repulsive...just pure noise and that was what I was referring to. I, like you, love cars and trucks, just not the ones that do nothing but make bad noise, and are obnoxious. To me, riding in monster truck down the interstate is just a little too much on the ears...don't ya think

Old 07-12-2014, 02:12 PM
GreenEH
Professional

I should clarify that in the cab, while cruising, engine noise is not really that bad. It does not have any drone and does not have a popping sound like all those 350 chevy straight piped rusted trucks you see. It's only really loud (that could be an understatement) when you WOT it. I love it, I haven't had someone listen to the truck and say they didn't like it. I just made a 2000 km round trip for vacation with my girlfriend and she had no problem with the noise. The performance boost from the long tubes is nice too!

Old 07-12-2014, 02:15 PM
GreenEH
Professional

One other point I would like to make: my roommate has a drop in mangaflow muffler on his '13 hemi ram and cruising noise is no different between our trucks in the cab.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust Setup?