3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Energy Suspension Eurethane Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Davedacarpainter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Energy Suspension Eurethane Bushings

Soooo, I spent my Saturday morning changing out my control arm bushings on my truck. Reading up on these bushings lead me to believe that my ride would be harsher, but better handling. I found my old eom rubber bushings to be way more wasted than what I felt the ride quality warranted. I ended up needing to burn out the old rear lower bushing and the upper bushings because of glue holding them in. I work in a body shop so I had a handy acytelene torch to cook them out(by the way, for people without experience using this type of torch, don't point the flame toward your skin, I found it caused fast blisters on my right hand). Anyhow, got them installed, my truck actually rides smoother now! I highly recommend this to anyone considering them.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Davedacarpainter
Rookie
Default Update and advice on the new bushings

Just to update on the bushings, I've been driving with them for a week now. The handling of the truck is much tighter now. It takes a little bit of time to do this, but it's well worth it. You do feel the irregularities of the road more, but it's fun as he'll going through winding roads now.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Will_V2Lab
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think i'm gonna do this soon... Thanks for the review!

Old 05-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Davedacarpainter
Rookie

I just changed the leaf spring bushings, a lot easier than the front ones were. If you want to do these as well, you will have to take out the metal sleeves in the springs. I had an air chisel that made it pretty easy. If you need any help, give me a holler.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Davedacarpainter
Rookie

Guess what? Eurethane bushings squeak when they get wet! Dirty Rat B******. Oh well, truck handles WAY better. Now they are drying off and squeak seems to be fading away again. Is it wrong to pray for a draught? I want a rear sway bar now though!

Old 06-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Davedacarpainter
Rookie

Update on the squeak. Energy Suspension wanted me to review their product, so I've asked them about the squeaking when wet. Maybe they have a nifty solution, I'll let you know what they say.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:04 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

usually when I replace any bushings I put a coat of bearing grease in/on/around any surfaces that move or pivot. Never had a squeak problem.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Davedacarpainter
Rookie

The Eurethane bushings came with a milky type grease. It's really more like a paste. I was lead to believe that traditional grease would eat up the eurethane, is this true?

Old 06-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Davedacarpainter
Rookie

Never received a reply from Energy Suspension. I isolated the squeak to the 2 inch drop shackles I installed. This was the loosest of all the bushings I put in. Might this be the problem, meaning the looseness? When I added more grease to the shackles they did quiet down for a short period. I was thinking of going back to the oem shackles. I want to add new drop leaf springs eventually to make up for the oem shackles and drop the rear a little more.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:41 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Generally, Urethane bushings will cause some noise when butted up against metal. You are suppose to apply the compound they provide, anit-sieze, or a graphite lubricant.

Quick Reply: Energy Suspension Eurethane Bushings