3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Fed up.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Jareski
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been away for too long. I must frequent DF more often. From what I remember, it seems to be a nice place to post and ask questions. There's probably a few bad eggs, but there are bad eggs in every community. For every 100 people, there's bound to be at least one jerk, or one person had a bad day and vents on a forum.

I just shake my head and move on. Don't give the jerks the time of day, and give the people having a bad day a little space.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:29 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I used to be a big offender, I'm not afraid to admit. When this place was pretty big, it used to get the same questions day after day, and many times there would be two or three threads of the same thing right there on the front page (there even used to be more specific subforums, IIRC). It just got pretty old telling people the smallest wheel size they can fit, or that an idea of theirs really isn't that great (people tend to not take criticism very well). I've lightened up, I think. Then again, I've asked some pretty dumb questions, too (anyone think a 6" BL is a good idea? :P).

Old 07-24-2014, 07:07 AM
RDuck
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

6" BL is awesome. Up to 10" is safe.
Also stacking blocks to gain rear suspension height is good.
Blocks in front for leaf spring trucks is perfect.
Cutting your pitman arm and welding it lower with some flat bar works just fine to alleviate steering issues.
All easy done at home things.