3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Fed up.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 05:15 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fed up.

I've noticed when visiting this forum recently that many times when posts are answered, lots and I mean LOTS of sarcasm, attitude and having a "pop" at the person looking for answers, is becoming very prevalent on here.
A very bad trend IMHO!
I won't stoop to quote examples, as i do not wish to possibly identify then offend anyone.
I know that this is an open internet forum and people need to grow a thick skin but, I've never read so many negetive retorts to posts as I have on here just recently.
For me IMHO I believe it's unhealthy.
Both for the person who feels inextricably driven to make such comments and cannot help themselves (lack of self control) and ultimately the forum itself as newbies and veterans alike, will leave.
I know many people will say who cares and good riddance but, that's gotta be wrong..........hasn't it?
This needs to be a positive place to come to for answers in what at times for some people, are very dark negetive places. Just remember what a newbie to a Dodge must feel like when his thousands of dollars worth of truck, is stuck by the kerbside or the stealership, where usually he's going to be stung for more $'s through his unfortunate ignorance.
I've been there......haven't you? Where a kind word would make all the difference in the world.
To the forum mods.
I know this is posted in the tech section and strictly shouldn't be, but this is where most of these comments are made.

In closing Please remember, theres never a stupid question. But a stupid answer......well thats another whole kettle of fish.

Concerned and I hope i dont get flamed?
Al.

Last edited by abarmby; 06-28-2014 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:01 AM
RDuck
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I for one am bad at dealing with "stupid questions".
Most time I can't believe the thing people ask about.

"I have a nut falling off a wheel. Is it ok because there is five others to hold it on?"

Those kind of questions.
Im horrible. I admit that.
But sometimes the stupidity of people is too much. New to vehicles or not.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:04 AM
RDuck
Captain

You know what im saying.
Should I stop being an azz? Probably.
Will I? Maybe not.
But I am getting better at it.
More diplomatic maybe.
Yes, the example question I posted isn't all that bad.
I just can't think stupid to reference a bad question and asking a more to the point one may single people out and that's not my intent.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:13 AM
chuck_hammer
Veteran

What I do not understand..

these are NOT New trucks.. been on the road for years..

so the problem has been Solved years ago... Do a "SEARCH"
the answer is already here.

doing a search.. they will get an answer in 1 minute.. instead of a day or 2....

Old 06-28-2014, 07:21 AM
RDuck
Captain

Originally Posted by chuck_hammer
What I do not understand..

these are NOT New trucks.. been on the road for years..

so the problem has been Solved years ago... Do a "SEARCH"
the answer is already here.

doing a search.. they will get an answer in 1 minute.. instead of a day or 2....
Maybe. Most times it's just easier to ask than trying to go through 137.2 topics on a subject trying to find a good answer to your question.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:35 AM
MikeHTally
Champion

Originally Posted by RDuck
Maybe. Most times it's just easier to ask than trying to go through 137.2 topics on a subject trying to find a good answer to your question.
Yep, the "search" function ain't much use. Way more completely irrelevant results than useful ones.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

OR -- and I can't say I've seen this here on DodgeForum but I have seen it countless other times elsewhere -- when you find a thread detailing the EXACT and VERY OBSCURE problem you're having, and there's a whole discussion on it, and finally the OP comes back and says "nm fixed it."

And that last post was two years ago. And you're still lost.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:22 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You think this place is rough? Try being a newbie tech at a dealership or a big shop. Holy crap maaaan!

But, I get you. The internet is a haven for Richard heads who like to take shots with little to no risk.

If any of you ever have an issue with some BS going on here, we have remedies for it. There are plenty of new members out there to take the place of the buttheads.

P.S. RDUck is awesome and will NEVER be banned! If he gives you any ****, just smack him on the nose like a shark.

Originally Posted by Prismatic
OR -- and I can't say I've seen this here on DodgeForum but I have seen it countless other times elsewhere -- when you find a thread detailing the EXACT and VERY OBSCURE problem you're having, and there's a whole discussion on it, and finally the OP comes back and says "nm fixed it."

And that last post was two years ago. And you're still lost.

That's just human nature. A lot of people come for a freebie , then they go back in the shadows once they get it. Believe me, the service lane is the same way many times.

Last edited by TNtech; 06-29-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:38 AM
blksmk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just joined, and from what I've noticed is .. it's the internet full of keyboard warriors and ninja's..

I use the search feature but well it doesn't do a great job.. I've spent so far a few hours going thru a 1000 pages looking and reading..

Im looking forward to being part of the community and hope to expand my growing knowledge and hopefully be able to provide assistance

Old 06-29-2014, 12:24 PM
djbucky3
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blksmk
I just joined, and from what I've noticed is .. it's the internet full of keyboard warriors and ninja's..

I use the search feature but well it doesn't do a great job.. I've spent so far a few hours going thru a 1000 pages looking and reading..

Im looking forward to being part of the community and hope to expand my growing knowledge and hopefully be able to provide assistance
To be fair, a lot of DF is not like the currently describe issue. The guys on the 2nd gen area are some of the nicest out there. I dont have any familiarity with the rest of DF, but a lot better than other forums im sure!