3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ideas with Exhaust 08 Ram SLT

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 PM
RamRvca
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas with Exhaust 08 Ram SLT

dig in...

Last edited by RamRvca; 07-25-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:55 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF. Threads such as these belong in the appropriate technical section for the vehicle in question. This section is for new member introductions. Moving to the 3rd gen Ram section.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well we need to know how far you want to go with it. Full headers with high flow cats going into an X pipe with dual mufflers, or just a cat back system? I have heard that the Ram's have really good cat's already so I had my pipes cut just before the very restrictive factory Y pipe, ran dual pipes into a single muffler and ran dual pipes out of the muffler and had them exited before the rear tire. It looks and sounds Bad A$$. Here is a link at the muffler shop.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:43 PM
HemiRam1566
Veteran

i cut myn off right after the ypipe and ran a straight 3" stright pipe over the rear axle and out the corner of the rear bumper, sounds awesome. and less droan then the flowmaster 40 i had on it before

Old 07-25-2014, 10:25 PM
RamRvca
Rookie
Default Found this!

On my 08 HEMI SLT, Supercharged. Some indicated on a 2006 Hemi they had two resonator's. I only have one. Being all stock except for the supercharger from this dodge forum i was told that the greatest aggressive sounding exhaust for stock from the dodge forum exhaust experts would be to Remove the main muffler and replace it with a piece of 3" straight pipe. Leave both the front and rear resonator on. I am needing to add another resonator. What length does the 3" straight pipe, need to be cut to?How far apart does the resonators need to be to full feel power with non being lost? What measurements need for complete exhaust set-up?

THIS VID BELOW SOUNDS INSANE

Old 07-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you remove your muffler and run a straight pipe you will lose some of your low end torque. I tried this and ran it for a week. It sounded like my boat and the drone was annoying.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:57 AM
HemiRam1566
Veteran

when i first bought my truck i did exactly what was said above, kept both stock resinators, and just put a peice of 3" pipe inplace where the stock muffler was, that was ok for a bit but not loud enough, i love the full straight pipe i have now, less droan the the dumped flowmaster 40 i had and it sounds better

Old 07-27-2014, 03:20 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Welcome to DF. Threads such as these belong in the appropriate technical section for the vehicle in question. This section is for new member introductions. Moving to the 3rd gen Ram section.

No, not Tech, General discussion...

Moved.

Quick Reply: Ideas with Exhaust 08 Ram SLT