3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

KEY FOB with four button and remote start

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Slowdog
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KEY FOB with four button and remote start

I only have one key fob that one will not work unless I place a new battery in it and then it will only work for a day or two...therefore I need new key fobs....however, I am having difficulty finding a replacement key fob that has the remote start button (I will do without the key fob before I will pay Stealer prices!).

Therefore, I have three questions.... First, has anyone been able to find an aftermarket source for a replacement key fob that includes the remote start button (most four button fobs use the fourth button to open a hatchback)? I have checked with most of the retailers on Amazon and Ebay and none of them seem to stock the correct remote....and...some of them state that I must have a fob with the same button layout...thus my problem.

Second...has anyone seen an aftermarket fob that is separate from the key....like fobs used to be? If I could buy such a fob (that I could program from my good key fob) then I could simply place the separate fob (with no key) on my key chain to open the doors....

Third...I never use the Remote Start...have any of you purchased a three button key fob that will work on a truck equipped with the four button fob? One retailer told me that he thought it would work, another said that it would not work...??? I am getting all kinds of conflicting information from the retailers. If I could get a 3-button fob that will program with my current 4-button fob to open and lock the doors I would be a very happy camper!!

Thanks!

Old 03-15-2016, 12:03 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Duplicate thread.

Quick Reply: KEY FOB with four button and remote start