3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Trans solenoid storage

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 03:09 PM
jfotsch
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trans solenoid storage

Bought a solenoid for my 545rfe a couple of years ago when I was having some irregular shifts and before I dropped the pan to investigate. It ended up being that the trans shop did not change out the o-ring metal seat so I have had this solenoid sitting. I had forgotten about it and looked to see what was in the box and noticed that the trans fluid in the ziploc bag from the dealership had leaked some out. Rubber was still wet but I added some more mopar fluid to the bag and put it in a tray to keep it level.
My question is will this keep for a while?
The fluid is about a 1/4" deep to keep the parts wet!
Thanks,

04 Ram 1500 QCSB 4WD Hemi, oem off-road 17's, BFG LT's, Airraid Cai, Cortex 3950, Magnaflow y-pipe, Detroit TT rear, Mag Hytec trans pan & rear diff, SRT A-pillar w/autometer trans temp, 190 t-stat, pwr stop drilled/slotted all 4, pwr wire, grnd t-body. Amsoil diffs, RP motor, Mopar everywhere else.

Attached Thumbnails Trans solenoid storage-img_1189.jpg   Trans solenoid storage-img_1188.jpg