3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ram Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 12:28 PM
bcuda
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ram Electrical

I bought a 2003 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad-Cab 4x4 earlier this year and have only the following items left to repair:

1. The passenger seat electrical control switches don't work. If I "hotwire" to the appropriate contacts all the motors work fine each way (forward/back, up/down, tilt forward/back, and lumbar in/out). I suspect the switch mounted on the side of the seat but I'm having trouble finding a replacement - Dodge seems to have abandoned support. Recycle yards don't seem to have availability for this "rare" switch that included lumbar control...

2. The Cruise Control is completely dead. I've checked all fuses - all good.

Any recommendations?

Old 08-07-2017, 01:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Are you getting power to the passenger side seat switch.

Test the switches for the cruise.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:39 PM
bcuda
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Power Seat: When I disconnect the switch connector and apply power to each motor pin they work. All motors (rear vertical, front vertical, forward/back, and lumbar operate both directions using this method. I've manually cleaned each contact in the switch using 600 grit wed/dry sandpaper, then flushed it out with contact cleaner - no change.

Cruise Control: It's completely dead - no lights or anything for it on the switch or the dash. I've disconnected the connector under the steering column cover and reconnected it - no change.