3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Rare gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 04:07 PM
3rdgens4sell
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rare gas tank

Just i thought i would share my crappy situation with you all. I have an 06 ram 1500 3.7 long bed. Got in my truck to leaving after fishing and my gas gauge wasnt working ( or so i thought). Got about half way home and my truck died on the freeway. I had over half a tank of gas in my 35 gallon tank. Was a little past midnight and had my father pick me up to get some gas to see if some how i ran out. Put in a gallon and drove to the gas station. Started filling it up and gas poured everywhere. So piece of crap drilled a hole in my tank and stole all but maybe a gallon of gas. Plugged the tank with duck tape and drove home dripping gas the whole way. Removed the tank today and called and went to all the local junk yards. No tank, either none in stock or the yards drill them because of epa requirments. Went to the dealer and find out the 06 3.7 liter tank is a one year only tank. No longer made, discontinued and none in stock anywhere. So the tank is being repaired by a friend of a friends connection and will take about a week to be done. What a pain in the butt. Why dodge why?!

Old 09-27-2018, 09:00 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Rock auto has them for 288.00

Quick Reply: Rare gas tank