3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2006 Dodge Ram stuck in limp mode will not shift gears needing help ASAP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Joel Andrews
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Ram stuck in limp mode will not shift gears needing help ASAP!!!!!

I have a 2006 Dodge ram 4.7 liter v8 with the 545RFE transmission. Transmission has been stuck in Limpmode 3rd gear only for about 2 months now and can't seem to find what the problem is. I have already replaced solinoid pack. I have Changed trans fluid and both filters and truck is still acting up. I can reset the pcm to get it out of limp mode temporarily, And truck shifts absolutely fine!!! There was no shavings or dark fluid in transs pan.
I seem to think this is a computer issue , but it is throwing multiple codes right now. I have been trying to decipher and troubleshoot what this could all mean but i am stuck...P0058. Heater control circuit bank 2 sensor 2, P0700. Transmission control system MIL request, P0740. Torque converter clutch Solenoid circuit, P0841. Transmission fluid pressure sensor/switch A circuit range/performance, P1775. Solenoid switch valve latched in the LU position, and P0750. Shift Solenoid A. Some have said that it is the power train control module (PCM) ,But I was under the impression that the transmission pressure sensor transducer could also cause alot of these problems. I have an appointment tomorrow to have a full diagnostics test ran at the Dodge house, but that is going to cost $135!!! I'm afraid they're gonna tell me that I need a (PCM) even if that's not the issue. So any info would be much appreciated. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2020, 07:16 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you ever figure out what the issue is?

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Ram stuck in limp mode will not shift gears needing help ASAP!!!!!