3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Buying my Papas dodge ram!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 11:39 PM
Lillianaelizabeth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying my Papas dodge ram!!

Hey everyone, I am buying my papa's dodge ram. It's 5.7 liter, 1500, hemi magnum. I believe it's an 03. It's 4 door and pretty positive it's manual windows ect. I know it's 2wd as well.
I've been trying to do research but don't have much info to go off of. I've looked up the different trims and it just doesn't make sense. Can anyone tell me what trim this is?

I'm also trying to look into different radios to replace the original one, how do I know what is compatible with it?

I don't want to bother him to much and would really love to find my own information so impress my old school papa😂 I attached some pictures from a video I took of the truck. They aren't the best but I was rushing due to having to be somewhere.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Get the VIN number, then go here, and get a build sheet for the truck. That will tell you everything you wanna know.

The following users liked this post:
Lillianaelizabeth (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 09:37 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

3rd gen ST's are the base model and usually come with the manual stuff. Next step up is the SLT which can come with most of the options, but normally dual zone climate and leather seats are reserved for the Laramie. You will need some kid of aftermarket head unit with an adapter harness if it isn't plug and play. You do NOT want to start hacking up the harness to try to make something work.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:29 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

For the radio I'd recommend you go to crutchfield and see what fits. Crutchfield will tell you what harnesses and trim pieces you will need for an easy and professional install. Not difficult at all to upgrade the sound system in these trucks, but you do need some custom wiring and trim. All of this is available and inexpensive.

Old 11-30-2021, 04:54 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

Unless you actually wanna go with something that is plug and play and fits your dash opening, but it isn't exactly cheap.

Quick Reply: Buying my Papas dodge ram!!