3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

5.9 magnum flex plate

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2024, 10:18 PM
Spooderboss2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.9 magnum flex plate

Recently i had done a torque converter replacement on my 46re paired with the 5.9 magnum, and the other day my truck was making a sound just like rod knock, so i assumed ot was the rocker tick that it has so i changed the oil and topped it off cause it was low, didnt change anything then i check the flex plate and ir has a crack on one side i checked all around and checked the bolts they look fine.

my question is for the flex plate can i drive it to school like this for 3 days straight or is it bad, im also wondering dumb question i know but would cutting a little more off so it doesnt make metal contact as it’s broken be fine i just dont like the knocking its making

Old 05-28-2024, 08:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,257 Likes on 3,004 Posts

Don't think I would be cutting anything in there, noise or no..... If it isn't real far to school, then you'll prolly be ok. But, if it's a long trip..... I'd be lookin' for somethin' else to drive until that is fixed.

Quick Reply: 5.9 magnum flex plate