3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2006 Ram Seat Toss to 2002 Seat Swap

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM
dgoedhard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Ram Seat Toss to 2002 Seat Swap

Hey There,

So I've bit off a bit more than i can chew. i swapped out my 2006 Dodge hard af base model 40/20/40 buckets with useless console, to my 2002 comfier 40/20/40 electric buckets and console. Got them in found out the seatbelts didn't jive so i had to replace the seatbelts with the 02 belts which now the abs connection spliced in and that doesn't work lol. Not my real concern i've got black tap for the dash light.

What I am now attempting to do is get the drivers electric seat to power up and move. Dodge has found an absolute cluster f of ways to tye in everything into these seats and i'm not interested in changing out the instrument cluster, buying 10 different wiring harnesses just so i have to tare down the entire truck just to get these seats to move back 2 inches so i can be comfortable.

Is there a way to connect these seats to power some how? So that i get full function of the seat controls up down forward back and maybe even some lumbar? It was my grandfathers truck (who passed) and my grandmother didn't want a truck with power windows because it was too complicated for her to put the key in and push a button. i'm sure he'd be so happy that I'm putting in the effort to do at least this! ...as for power windows, locks and mirrors ...I really don't think the dodge gods gave a simple man a chance to tackle that one

Thanks for all the help, looking forward to what this tread comes up with.

Grandpa's Truck specs:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 base model
5.7L Hemi engine 130,000 klm
4x4 electronic
No power mirrors, windows, locks, seats, no window defrost but it does have cruise and air conditioning!

My truck with a blown motor: (using everything i can to put into grandpa's truck)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
5.9L Magnum engine (blown) 170,000 klm
4x4 on the floor
Electric everyting!

Old Today, 12:21 AM
dgoedhard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will post pictures of both the 2006 truck wiring harness and the 2002 seat harness in the AM. They are completely different.

Quick Reply: 2006 Ram Seat Toss to 2002 Seat Swap