3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

3157 Turn signal/marker socket

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2024, 08:28 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts
Default 3157 Turn signal/marker socket

I purchased an aftermarket set of headlights for my 06. I'm sure we're all familiar with design of the sockets having the wider notch and two smaller notched then twist it to lock. Then they come out at a 90* angle. On this particular set of lights the slots are indexed such that the connection comes out against the housing and you can't connect the harness. I've been in contact with the seller, this isn't a question of returning the product or money back. I am looking for a way to make these lights work. I would like to find a 3157 bulb socket with this twist lock design that the plug comes straight out. I'm not sure if Rams connector is proprietary or if its standard for this bulb socket.

If anyone has suggestions let me know. I would really like to avoid splicing the harness so returning to stock is easy.

Old Today, 08:13 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts

Just an update, I have not successfully found anything. I trimmed the light opening notches with a pocket knife to reorient the socket and its working well.

Quick Reply: 3157 Turn signal/marker socket