3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Sheared cab bolt - how to remove and replace???

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM
jjolson68
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sheared cab bolt - how to remove and replace???

I have a 2006 single cab 2500. I hit something the other day that broke off the rear driver side nut and bolt that holds the cab to the frame, and my running board to both. I am wondering how to get the bolt out. I reached in through a hole in the frame above the bolt and it felt like there was a nut welded to the frame the bolt is threaded to. Has anyone removed this bolt? What's the best way to approach its removal. See the pics for orientation. the last pic is of the front cab bolt and how the running board is attached to the frame. Thanks.

Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,397 Likes on 3,137 Posts

Yeah, there is a captured nut in there.... I would drown that feller with chemicals for several days before attempting to remove it......

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
jjolson68
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Double nut the bolt from the bottom then? That's all that occurs to me. Anyone know the size of that bolt? I couldn't find it in the service manual...

Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,397 Likes on 3,137 Posts

I would try vice-grips first.... you don't want to really reef on that feller, rip that nut loose, and you have a real problem.

Quick Reply: Sheared cab bolt - how to remove and replace???