3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Does anything squeak/rattle/creak on your Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Limedust
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anything squeak/rattle/creak on your Ram?

Figured I would make a thread where we can list all the unintentional noises our trucks make, and what the fix might be to get rid of them.

Brake Pedal: When I press on the brake pedal, it makes a creaking noise. I figure it is just the return spring and plan to grease it up to remove the noise.

Gas Pedal: When I press on the gas peddle, there is a pronounced squeaking noise that occurs while the pedal is pressed in any position. When I let off the gas pedal completely, the squeek becomes barely audible or totally goes away. Any suggestions? The noise appears to be coming from near the pedal, or at the very bottom of the center console behind the cup-holders.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:28 PM
bwhaler9
Default RE: Does anything squeak/rattle/creak on your Ram?

My brake pedal squeeks too
But my whole back suspension squeeks all the time even as in just getting in my truck

Old 09-29-2006, 02:39 PM
mmorgan78

I HATE RATTLES!! Even when I hear the slightest of rattles in my cab I drive my wife around and make her try to find them. She usually tells me to just turn the radio up. She drives a stratus with less than 11,000mi and it rattles like a cargo jet.

On my previous ram I removed all interior door covers and lined every contact point with electrical tape. That was a pain but worked awesome.

My Ram has ~31,000mi and my current noises are:

Rear bumber "jingles" like two keys on a ring - I can hear this with my window down & going <15mph. After driving up & down my street with my door open and my head hanging at my feet, I found it by walking around my truck and crawlinig under it, banging EVERYTHING with the bottom of a closed fist.

With window down and at a standstill I hear my clutch "creak" when I depress it, not every time, but maybe 70%. My local Dodge dealer thinks I am crazy. So does my wife. I think I am going to get some earplugs.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:49 PM
HEMINATE

I just got my 04 ram and it has the worst rattle coming from behind the radio/A/C/dash . I'm going to have to try and track it down as it's P-ing me off. Think i'll have to take the center thing off and drive around till I find it. Any one have this "Rattle"?

Old 09-29-2006, 02:49 PM
yo100

My brake pedal creak went away by it self. The dealer removed the door pannel on the drivers side and it now rattles. Everything else in the interior is quiet. I think that I have the front bumper cover rattle. Did you find a way to stop it?

Old 09-29-2006, 04:18 PM
bign1976
Veteran

No rattles so far...... crossing fingers. I hate rattles

Old 09-29-2006, 07:20 PM
T Man
Rookie

Something near my passenger front door has started rattling lately whenever I go over even a slight bump. I'll have to pull the door panel off and have a look.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:41 PM
20brewcity02
Professional

ORIGINAL: HEMINATE

I just got my 04 ram and it has the worst rattle coming from behind the radio/A/C/dash . I'm going to have to try and track it down as it's P-ing me off. Think i'll have to take the center thing off and drive around till I find it. Any one have this "Rattle"?
i have the same thing in my 02... it really gets to me, if you find it, let me know. i dont really have time as we are preparing for deployment again

Old 09-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

when i drive with my radio off or on low i can hear my sliding rear window squeaking. it drives me CRAZY! i guess its just the molding around the window rubbing and squeaking. anyone else have this?

Old 09-29-2006, 10:05 PM
jazzy_caca

yea i have squeeking coming from the front passanger door somewhere it also pisses me off! =/