3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Does anything squeak/rattle/creak on your Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:02 AM
brianas
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does anything squeak/rattle/creak on your Ram?

06 ram 1500
there is a plastic shroud around the base of the seat on the passenger side
(no shroud on drivers side for some reason) it was rattling against the seat frame
as it is not attached very well
I put a piece of velcro (soft side) on the part of the seat frame in contact with
the shroud
this tightened up the shroud an eliminated the rattle
Josh

also noticed the front windows make a occasional creaking sound over bumps- when they
are all the way up- no idea on this one

Old 09-30-2006, 03:49 AM
2004 Hemi Ram

I have 61,000 kms on my rig and she is squeak free!.........the only thing I have had to repair was the EGR valve and that was replaced under warranty while I waited in the wating room.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:18 PM
twinturboluigi

05 Ram 1500 - 11.7K Mi - No Rattles and still has not been back to a dealer since I bought it a year ago.

Oh yeah!...

-Luigi

Old 09-30-2006, 05:40 PM
IchWarriorMkII

04 ~52K Miles

My driver side front speaker rattles at high volume.

Thats it.

Old 09-30-2006, 06:01 PM
fd3sxiong

get underneath the gas pedal or the brake pedal and spray some WD40 onto where the spring is at. See if that'll cause the noise to go away.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Seanutz
Veteran

My 02 1500 dont squeak much, theres a little bit of a clunking when im goin in reverse in four high, but it goes away in four low...dunno what thats about, if it breaks ill fix it. i guess, but the break pedal squeaks, and the interior door panels squeak like nobodys buisness, i read in here somwhere, some guy put electrical tape on the doors under the panels.....that sounds like an i dea worth pursuing.....sounds like a good days work to me.....

Old 10-01-2006, 04:07 AM
schnydz

ORIGINAL: Johndcjr1989

when i drive with my radio off or on low i can hear my sliding rear window squeaking. it drives me CRAZY! i guess its just the molding around the window rubbing and squeaking. anyone else have this?
My truck is sqeak free except for the back sliding window. It is driving me crazy too! If I open and close it, it stops sqeaking for about 30 seconds. AAGHHH! I called the local glass shop and they can change it out to solid glass for about $450. Every day that I drive and listen to that sqeak, that price just keeps sounding cheaper and cheaper.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:14 AM
schnydz

ORIGINAL: fd3sxiong

get underneath the gas pedal or the brake pedal and spray some WD40 onto where the spring is at. See if that'll cause the noise to go away.
I would suggest not to use wd40 anywhere in the interior. It's petrolium based, it will make your truck smell like oil and wd40 attracts dirt and dust. After a few years you will have so much dirt caked it the throttle linkage you will have to buy a whole new assembly.

Try silicone spray. It does not attract dirt. It's a great lubricant. It has all kinds of great uses. Just pick up a can at the local auto parts, or hardware store and read the label for all it's uses. It works great on all the rubber door seals and other rubber parts of a vehicle to keep the rubber fresh and pliable for years.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:56 PM
billbeam

Over 21k on my 05.
Left rear passenger rattles and creaks from day 1. Dealer can't find it, I can't find it. Guess I've learned to live with it.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

99% of the time i have my radio up so i cant hear my rear glass squeaking but when driving with my parents or in other situatuions when i cant turn it up its annoying as all get out. i never use the rear glass anymore(used it all the time when i got it but not anymore) but 450 bucks is a little too expensive for me to justify replacing it. maybe somebody will throw a rock through my back window and i can get insurance to replace it. lol