3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus Tire Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blakeroberts88
How long do you think they will last? If you say 50,000+ I will buy them.
Not on my truck they won't.....

Old 02-05-2012, 05:53 PM
DaveCinHutto
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much in wheel weights do the Coopers use

I have run Cooper tires before and found them to be of such good quality that I would like to try some for my Ram1500 with the 20s. How many wheel weights are you seeing mounted on your 20 inch rims?
Dead thread nacromonger.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:53 AM
bog8r

When I bought my "08 there were 2 new Discoverer H/Ts on it, so I put 2 more. I have the 20" rims and the installer had trouble getting 1 of the tires to balance. But he got it right and they don't make noticable amount of noise and so far they handle well in city type driving.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:41 AM
DaveCinHutto
Amateur

Since I could not find any Coopers in stock around here I opted for Sumitomos, they balanced out with .75 oz, .5 oz, .25 oz and .7oz. They are quite on a concrete road, it is not raining here, so when it does I well get a chance on testing them. It is a truck and not a sports car so I can not give you a reply on handling.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:51 AM
72combo
Champion

I have had these about a month sorry, Cooper Discoverer HT Plus and its like a different truck I pulled my GY Wranglers off at 20k kms which is not very many miles and was the best thing I could have done theses Coopers give a very confident feeling, no give on turns and curves.Highway speeds absolutely no vibes.I was skeptical but seeing both tires brand new side by side off a wheel the OEM GOODYEARS shooed a flat spot inside and the side wall was flimsy.Now the Cooper was heavier and not flimsy at all, not flat spot with these .

Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 AM
72combo
Champion

I have a question, How would you feel towing a6000 lbs travel trailer with the Cooper Discover HR plus tires?

Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 PM
DaveCinHutto
Amateur

Originally Posted by DaveCinHutto
Since I could not find any Coopers in stock around here I opted for Sumitomos, they balanced out with .75 oz, .5 oz, .25 oz and .7oz. They are quite on a concrete road, it is not raining here, so when it does I well get a chance on testing them. It is a truck and not a sports car so I can not give you a reply on handling.
I find the Sumitomos work excellent in the rain, even on worn smooth blacktop, very quite on the concrete slab. I had to have the tires rebalanced, I detected an ever so slight vibration, seems that the wheel guy got the weights on in the wrong location. Put a half bottle of water on the console, it should have no or intermittent ripples on a smooth road.
Mileage of a tire is dependent upon load and type of driving. I have traction control so wheel spin is not happening, love it in slicker than snot conditions. I typically do not haul heavy loads so I can expect excellent wear.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:22 AM
72combo
Champion

Update...around a thousand miles and well the only problem I am finding is the tread in prone to holding stones so you get a click, click click until you hit the highway and it flies out, or you pull over and inspect....every 10 minutes LOL

Quick Reply: Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus Tire Feedback